September 25, 2011

My Birthday Wish

Today is my actual birthday.  Ron wished me a happy birthday in yesterday's comments and said "may all your dreams come true".  My first thought was that I only had one dream - and if you read here, you know what that is.

But this year I've made a commitment to myself to put myself first.  Just writing that makes me feel selfish and like a horrible person.  That's how my mind works - putting myself first is not natural to me, even though its healthy and not at all selfish. If I don't put myself first then I can not be my BEST SELF and therefore all the people I love and care about don't get the best me.   Shoot, I don't know.  I just know I want to have a good year, have some fun, experience some peace.

My BFF wished me a happy "peaceful" birthday - that's what I want, peace.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

P.S.  As of today I am knocking five years off my age.  This way I can celebrate my 50th birthday in three years.  Age is not how old you ARE, its how old you feel!


P.S. S. Last year's birthday:  I was trying to find a new rehab for Keven, he had just had a "breakdown" and spent a few days in the mental health hospital.  Anthony was in prison begging me for money.  The year before that Keven was in jail and I don't remember what Ant was up to but I can guess.

10 comments:

Annette said...

Happy Birthday....a double blessing to you and your new goal of putting yourself first. Is it ok if we remind you of this through out the year. ;o) When it doesn't come natural its easy to forget. If anyone deserves to put herself first, its YOU.

I dropped H off at rehab on one of my birthdays. It just doesn't seem right huh.

Lou said...

Best wishes to you, Barbara! You have been a wonderful online friend to all the bloggers:)

Lori said...

Happy Birthday, Barbara. I wish you total success in putting yourself first. Maybe one day I should try that myself.

Today is my son's 21st birthday. He is currently in sober living over 1,000 miles from home. I am having a difficult day, but I know he is in the right place. I'm not even a drinker, but for some reason I feel sad that he will never be able to have a drop of alcohol. I know it isn't reasonable thinking, but for some reason, I'm sad nonetheless. Today I mourn the kid of my dreams...all the plans I had for him 21 years ago today...sigh.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack. Happy birthday ♪♪♪♫♫♫

Terri said...

Happy Birthday Barbara! Today is my grandson's 1st birthday.

I hope today has been peace filled for you.

Terri

beachteacher said...

I LOVE your new birthday wish for yourself,...your plan for the coming year ! And yes,...we're gonna remind you of it. :) Hope you're having a great day. Peace be with you !

Mrs F with 4 said...

Barbara
I'm still reading and thinking often of you...just not commenting! I wish you a blessed and peaceful birthday; and if I may be so bold....happiness, too!
With heartfelt thoughts...Mrs F.

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Barbara! I hope you had a great day!

Syd said...

Happy birthday! I think that your goal to put yourself first is a great one. And it certainly isn't selfish. Hope that you had a wonderful day!

Bar L. said...

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!

And happy birthday to Not My Boy's son (21!) and Teri's granson (1!)

September is a very popular month to be born :)

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Barbara! May all your wishes come true.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...