February 7, 2012

Just Heard of Another OD, and an Update

UPDATE:  If you read this a few minutes ago, I removed what I had talked about. I will wait awhile and see how today plays out and update later.  (I just checked online to see who's in jail - one of the guys Keven was with is in there, but not Keven.  Not sure what to make of that.)

I spoke with Kev's former attorney today (we stay in touch) and  she told me of another one of the "kids" in Recovery Court that had died recently.  I remember this kid (in his early 20's) because he started going when Keven was in custody the last time so I would sit with him and his mom (also a single mom) during court.  Then I was surprised to run into his mom at that Nar-Anon meeting I went to (I never went back, but remember her saying how good he was doing, this was in Dec.)  He accidently OD's last week.  He was her only child, so they remind me so much of Keven and me.  My heart breaks and aches for her.

ONE LAST THING:


THANK YOU for the comments.  I haven't been responding to each one like I prefer to, but each one is read at least twice and appreciated, no matter what it says, I can tell the ones that are said in love and concern and they keep me going.

I am reading your blogs, thinking of you (even if you don't blog) and your families.  No matter where we are on our journey today we can take comfort in knowing we are not alone.  I sure do.



Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

11 comments:

Hope said...

I need to say that I do not blog as of right now. But I have been reading everyone's blog and my prayers include all of our children and the families. I don't remember signing up for this when my son was born.....never thought my son would be a drug addict. Still very hard to say. Things were going on in my home last night and I so needed to talk to someone but no one knows about my son and the walk I'm on now. About 2 am I started reading the blogs and I was comforted by all the words of wisdom from everyone. Barb you are a very strong woman and I thank you for sharing your story. My prayers are with you and your son.

DDD said...

Praying for you and Keven, Barbara. Hugs.

Syd said...

A terrible loss of a life for such a sad disease and so unnecessary. Stay strong, Barbara. Many of us love you as well.

Dawn said...

My heart breaks for that mother...
Stay strong Barbara. Sending a BIG hug your way!

Unknown said...

Ndinombethe. "As I go, I am wearing you."

beachteacher said...

My heart breaks for that mom. No words to describe that kind of pain. Thinking of you & of course, Keven. Hang in there 1 day at a time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
Thinking of you and praying for both you and Keven. Take care.
Shelley in SK

LL Cool Joe said...

Thinking of you and Keven at this time. I just don't know how you hold it together the way you do.

I don't know what my life would be like now without the blogging word and people like you.

Maija said...

I didn't read before the update, but I'm assuming Keven is ok for right now.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what that mom is going through. It's my worst fear.

Be well Barbara. Hoping and praying for you and Keven every night.

Have Myelin? said...

It is so hard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...