February 4, 2012

So far, so good

Things are going pretty good for me.  Haven't had contact with Kev except for a couple of "I love you" texts, one initiated by him, one by me.  He also said he's "doing good, not using".  Let's hope so.  I'm enjoying my weekend.

I love my son more than anything.  All these years of his life, I knew he had special struggles in certain areas, but I always assumed they would work themselves out and he would grow up, go to college, get a job, get married, have kids and above all, have a life he felt good about whatever it was.

I know that may not be how his life turns out.  I've accepted that, and grieved over the loss of what I wanted for his life (don't most of us want that for our kids?).  

Now, I just want him to live.  To choose sobriety.  To find some peace.  Nothing else really matters.

I got my tickets to Bruce - my sister is paying for them and we aren't telling anyone how much they cost, I have the most wonderful sister in the world.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

PS Clyde - if you are reading this, you may end up with two free tickets to Bruce again!  ( in the Concourse section, if I can't sell them!)

10 comments:

Tori said...

Just a few days of some peace Barbara...I hope it last longer but I am so happy you are getting a little break.

Syd said...

Glad that you got the tickets. Time for you to have some fun!

Anonymous said...

Not everyone lives a "conventional" life. There is nothing wrong with not following the herd, as long as it doesn't include addiction. Addiction is the opposite of being free.

Julie said...

Woot! So glad you got your concert tickets. Have a great time...

beachteacher said...

I'm so glad you're continuing to step forward into some peace, despite the hurt in your heart. Also so glad about those Bruce tickets !

I so understand your point about all you really want for Keven now. Although I'm not at all happy about addiction's place in our lives, it has made me so much more grateful For D's health when clean & that's what's important. All the other stuff is now what I consider extras, if you know what I mean. It really is all relative. I continue to pray for Keven with hope for his healthy future. God bless you both.

Bar L. said...

Thanks everyone.

Lou - I love what you said about a conventional life...so true, need to share that with my sis.

WARNING: I will try not to talk about Bruce too much between now and April 27 but I will probably get pretty riled up about the show about a week before it! :) :) :)

LL Cool Joe said...

I don't know about conventional life. I never hope that my kids get a job, get married have kids etc. I do want them to be happy, content, have a faith, but I'm not totally impressed with conventional life so I wouldn't wish it on my kids unless that's the road they choose.

DDD said...

It sounds like you are at peace with yourself right now. I like that. I hope it continues. :)

Anna said...

I think that it is good for you and us to think about and talk about Bruce!

Lisa said...

Barbara:

I can so relate to this. My husband and I began saving for college for our two sons before they were even born. I had everything mapped out in my head. My youngest son would graduate from college five months after I retired at age 55. Today all that matters is that my addicted son is sober. IT IS PRICELESS. Yet no one could hae convinced me that things would take a far different turn when I first held that newbord in the hospital.
So happy that you got your concert tickets. You can talk about Bruce all you want as far as I'm concerned.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...