August 24, 2009

Needles, Pens and Spoons


When I first noticed that there seemed to be fewer and fewer spoons in our utensil drawer, the thought of drugs passed through my mind very quickly. I didn't allow it to stop long enough to look at it.

It also seemed like all of my ball point pens were disappearing. Odd. I tried to push that thought away too.

But, when the supply of syringes we use to give our diabetic dog her daily shots ran out earlier than they should , I could not ignore the ugly truth.

Sure enough upon a thorough search of his room I found all three items. Burned spoons, empty pens and used needles.

Its one of those moments when the world spins out of control and you pray that its a very realistic dream that you will wake from. It wasn't.

3 comments:

mother of drug addict said...

Dont feel bad about not noticing, it took the third relase of my daughter before I figured out she wasnt drinking all the bottled water she had in her room!.

Life right now is good for us(knock on wood) but I know that at any time things can change.

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Thanks! I knocked on wood! I hope this is it for your daughter! :)

Lou said...

One time when Andrew was gone (in jail?), we had guests in his room. In the morning the lady comes out with this burned spoon and says to me.."this fell out from under the chair cushion". How freakin' humiliating!

I'm glad you are selling that truck. I wondered WHO was paying for the insurance, plates, etc!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...