August 29, 2009

Open Letter to K

Dear K,

We have never met but you know of me as much as I know of you. One thing we have in common is your mother. Your mother is the most wonderful person I have ever met.

She has told me a lot about you, all the good things you have done like the time you were in wrestling and that you know how to fix up cars and I hear you are quite popular with the girls. She is so proud of you.

Yet, she has also told me of the other side of you. Don't be angry at your mom for telling me, she needs somebody to confide in sometimes and I've always been happy to listen. And yes, I am aware of your drug use. From what I hear from your mother it tears her up inside. She really wants to see her son back.

This has affected me too. I feel your mother's pain and I want to do anything I can to help her. But all I can do is be compassionate and understanding. At times your drug use has affected our plans to see each other.

Yes, I want to meet you some day, K. I hope to see the wonderful young man that your mom is always talking about. I'd love to sit down and talk about cars, music and whatever else comes up in our conversation. I'd love to see that smile your mom always talks to me about.

So do me a favor please, make your mama proud.

Your friend,

D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...