August 27, 2009

To all the moms and dads and addicts and ....to all of us

I am so thankful for the support, concern and wisdom I find via blogging about my son's addiction.

We are all different, yet so many of us can relate to each other.

My heart hurts not just for the parents....but for the addicts. To be honest, I think I have more compassion for the sons and daughters of some of you than for my own son - because he just pisses me off sometimes!!! Its harder to have compassion when someone hurts you directly so many times, over and over.

But all of us are flawed. We all have issues and hang-ups, mostly caused by hurts in our lives.

I'm realizing lately how precious life is - the simple moments, the love, the gratefulness. I just wanted to say I am grateful for ALL OF YOU!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...