October 11, 2010

Thank you

I've come to the conclusion that this blog has evolved into something other than what it was originally intended to be.

It began as a place to connect with other parents, to reach out to parents who were "new" at dealing with addiction, and to encourage and be encouraged.

Over time it seems to have lost that focus and is more of a journal of events in the life of my son(s).

I believe that because we are all different and each have a unique relationship and circumstances with our children, that "one size" does not fit all.  What works for one family may be harmful to another.

My mistakes have been learning experiences.  I know more about heroin addiction than I want to know. I am taking this journey one step, one day at a time and will never lose hope for my son no matter how bleak things look.

I will still read your blogs and if you would like to keep up with me you can find me on Facebook or on my other blog "Writing From the Inside Out".

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

6 comments:

BMelonsLemonade said...

I think you are absolutely right. Both addiction and recovery are very personall experiences. We may share some things universally, but each experience is different. I feel like my addiction was unique to me, and my recoery also had to be unique, as it was a meandering down several paths before I could find a road to walk comfortably on. It is a path of self discovery and self recovery, and we are all unique. And you better not ever give up!!! My mom never gave up hope for me, and now she is always my biggest fan and closest friend. Never give up, and when things look bleak and grey, there is always some silver lining to get you through.
Much Love, T

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

Barbara don't leave me! I will miss you! Who will I visit each day. How will I know how Kevin is doing but most importantly how will I know how you are doing?

Kris B said...

Dear Barbara; We have all made our mistakes and learned together. And with you and the other bloggers...I am never alone. I'll miss you :( But support you 10000%. Take Care Sweet Person. Xoxo Kris B

Anna said...

Sorry to see you go. I always read you. I will try to keep up on the other blog.

kc bob said...

I am so impressed by you Barbara. Your writing is so candid and heartfelt. You touch everyone who has come here. Yet you have the ability to stop when you feel a need to. I so appreciate you.

Blessings, Bob

samthechef said...

I was a heroin addict and alcoholic for thirty plus years until i got sober at 49. Thanks to the program of alcoholics anonymous i have been clean and sober for over seven years, and my once long suffering mom is now a big fan of AA (despite her own atheism). She got a lot of help during my addiction from Alanon and would certainly reccomend it for you. The message is clear, "you didn't cause it, and you can't cure it." My mom used to think she was "enabling" me, and what she learned in our recovery is that she was just helping me stay alive until i could get into the rooms. Good luck and God Bless.!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...