November 7, 2010

Residential Treatment Is Helping Him

I am back at this blog.  I never can "quit" a blog even when I feel like I am ready to.  I found myself writing about Keven on my other blog and that was something I did not want to do.

So for the faithful few that continually read our journey I have some pretty good news:

Kev has been in residential treatment for two weeks now.  He likes it.  I hear him saying things that I know he has learned from the program.  For example, he's realized that he keeps doing the same thing over and over (returning home after jail or rehab) and he listed all the reasons it was too easy for him to fall back into the drug lifestyle here.  Therefore he won't be coming home.  I am grateful that he sees this and even though I will miss him a little bit, I am glad he will be on his own learning what its like to be responsible for himself.

So - please pray he can GET A JOB!  He will be allowed to look for one in a few weeks and is allowed to work as part of the program he's in.

I am keeping up with all of you and some of the news is excellent, some not so great.  But we have to remember we are all at different places on this road and at any time - it can all change (for the better or the worse).  Sigh.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

4 comments:

Tonjia Rolan said...

Yay! I am so glad you are getting some relief and he is getting some help. Good news!

Syd said...

I'm glad that you will have some peace as he won't be living with you. That is real progress IMO. Take care of yourself. Keven will learn to take care of himself which is part of recovery.

Kristin said...

Yes, it is difficult to let Keven go to take care of himself because you know there will be stumbling blocks along the way, many that you easily could push out of the way. But he needs to learn to do it on his own. He will ask if he really needs help but I think that you will be surprised to find out how much he can accomplish on his own.
I hope that he gets a good job but he might have to just take whatever comes his way.
I have been thinking of you Barbara,
xx kris

Lisa said...

Barbara:

I'm glad you are back in this venue because I didn't want to write/chat with you about Bryan and Keven on Facebook, which can be a little too public for my tastes sometimes! :)

I continue to pray for Keven and I hope that the residential program gives him what he needs to make good choices and move forward. And I am actually happy for you too. Not having them close by can be a little lonely and scary, but it is likely what is best for both of you!

Thanks for reading my blog and staying connected.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...