August 25, 2011

One Week Later...

I guess I am back from my blog vacation.  I still feel kind of "blah" but not as bad.  Sometimes I just get depressed, and this is a lifelong issue for me, not just related to the "unpleasant events" of the last three years.  Three years - that probably sounds like a short amount of time to some of you veteran parents who have been dealing with this issue for two, three maybe even four times longer.  That reminds me, I was talking to Ant's Grandmother and she mentioned she's been dealing with it for 37 years!

I've been doing my best to keep up with blogs.  As for Keven - he's doing "good" right now according to his counselor.  I have to drive up there this afternoon to get his meds to him.  Its very hard to schedule all his meds to be ready at the same time (he takes several).  OH SH*T.  I just realized there was one she didn't mention when I just called to check on them.

Why am I sharing all this on a blog post?  I feel like I am talking out loud to myself.  Hmmm.  I guess I will get back on the phone.  I do things for him that he can not do himself and at this point, this is too complex, I obviously can't even do it right, this will be the THIRD time I've called them today.

Cal-Med Pharmacy Plus Home Healthcare Supplies
I LOVE my pharmacy, its not a chain, its family owned and I can't even begin to say what a difference that makes!  They know us and care about us :)

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

5 comments:

Tori said...

Glad you're back Barbara. I am so glad to hear Keven seems to be doing well.

Julie said...

[I do things for him that he can not do himself] The first time I read that enabling was doing something for someone they cannot do themselves, my brain said, "Ah-ha!"

It is not as clear in practice. I am currently debating what to do about my daughter's furniture and clothes. She is court ordered into treatment and can't get them from her last group home. But, her choices are what separated her from her belongings in the first place. Besides, I would have to rent a truck and have a fight with my husband in order to get her things here (where I really don't have room to store them). :o(

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're back, too. HUGS.

Anonymous said...

Barbara - I am glad to see you are back! Feel free to email me if you need someone to chat with. DeeDeleski@gmail.com. Both our sons are at the "one day at a time stage". I wish we lived closer, but geography isn't the issue. ~Dee

Anonymous said...

Pretty insightful. Thanks!

My blog:
rachat credit ligne www.rachatdecredit.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...