November 27, 2010

One's Working the Steps and One's in PC in Prison

Earlier today I wrote about how when I go to pick up Kev for the weekend we drive home in silence.  Well today instead of hitting the CD player to hear Eminem (I like his new CD), Keven chatted with me almost all the way home.  Wow.   One thing he said was "I feel different, I can feel something happening inside me.  I don't know what it is but I've been working the steps, calling my sponsor every day and I think its something to do with that".

Never thought I'd hear those kind of words from Keven the anti-12 Stepper.

Also got a letter from the other one, Ant.  I don't know if I should say this because apparently its really serious if anyone you know from prison finds out you went into PC*, it gives you a really bad reputation.  He asked to go in to get away from all the dope.  I have a feeling there was more to it (owing money?).  Either way he is in there with all the homosexuals and his "best friend" is a transsexual female who is totally cool and beautiful.  I think if this former male is now a female (she had gender reassignment surgery) she does not belong in a male prison but out govt. says you go to the prison of the sex that you were born with.  So there's a hot chick in prison with all the guys.  No wonder she's in PC!  He also is enjoying all the gay guys telling him how cute he is, he says it nice to get complimented.  I don't know about Ant.  My hopes for him are not too high.  I feel an ache in my chest when I think of him...

"Kelly", Ants girlfriend is going to be 6 months clean when he gets out.  IF he brings her down to his level and gets her using again, I will be heartbroken.  I love this girl and have watched her get her life together, working full time, doing all the right things but wonder if she will throw it all away for "love" if he tries to talk her into getting high.

I didn't mean for this to be son long....


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

*protective custody

2 comments:

Syd said...

That is so good about Keven. I really hope that he keeps it up.

Anna said...

They do bear their souls to you. I am glad that kevin is working the steps and calling his sponsor. It can really help if they are open to it and just keep trying.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...