January 5, 2011

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS TILL HE'S OUT!
















(photo from last January during one of the brief moments they had together before Ant was back in prison)



Anthony has served a ten month sentence so we (his grandparents, brother, girlfriend, Keven and me) are very excited for the big day.  FRIDAY!

Kels and I will drive down to Norco and arrive by 7:30 am, wait two hours and then get to hug him for as long as we want.

First stop after that is a noon NA mtg. for the two of them (his request) at which time I will drive to get Keven and then see a HUGE reunion of "the brothers".  They have been like two ships* in the night for the last two years.  Then off to Grandma's house to surprise her (she doesn't except him till Saturday) and then all of us will go to lunch which my generous sister offered to pay for.

I think this warm welcome will get him off to a good start.  Mail has been slow in prison the last month and he thinks we are all mad at him and wasn't sure who was coming to get him.  Ha.  I will drive the "good car" and he will have a huge birthday gift waiting for him and I will chauffeur them to the meeting.

I am looking forward to it - but mostly to seeing Keven and Anthony reunite.  Kev and Kels are both going to tell him straight up - one word, or even "that look" about drugs and we are out of here.

*drug addicts in the system would be more appropriate



Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

7 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

Glad he is coming home. I hope he does well and has a plan and is able to follow through with remaining sober.

Heather's Mom said...

Woo-hoo! He will be so surprised and happy to see everyone :) I wish the best for him!
God bless.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Sounds good

BMelonsLemonade said...

Good! I know you are excited about giving him his present, and I am sure the look on his face will be priceless. Enjoy your day, Barb. (Sorry I have not been on the computer much lately...I have to admit, I have been a little depressed...don't know why.)

Syd said...

Glad for Anthony. It is great that you are giving him such a warm welcome.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I feel your heart from here :)
All the best for everywhere..
and a happy home coming xo

beachteacher said...

This actually gave me goosebumps when I read it. I'm so happy to hear this and will be thinking of you all tomorrow....enjoy !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...