May 15, 2011

Feelings....



I'm sitting here alone in the house, gentle rain outside, hot coffee, reading blogs.  I only got to one so far, and realized there were tears rolling down my cheeks!  I wasn't crying, I was just moved, touched, happy and I didn't even realize the tears were there at first.  So, being me, I had to analyze why they were there.

The tears were joy for Alex (Ron's son).  I know I am not the only one that rejoices in another's success and good news.  I need and want to hear how well some of out loved one's are doing.

Hearing about someone that makes it 6 months, a year, a year and a half or more, makes me believe that my son is capable too.  It also helps to know that it RARELY, if ever, happens quickly and NEVER happens without a lot of _____________ (so many adjectives I could use here, pain, failure, bullshit, disappointment, regret, hard work, fear, etc. etc.)

I haven't been able to talk to Keven, so he doesn't know I am very upset with him.  But today I am going to focus on successes.  I am going to have a positive attitude.

And - tomorrow I start training at my new job!  Yikes!  I am excited but of course have a bit of the first-day jitters.  I know I will do fine, its not rocket science.  Its just a matter of getting used to a new environment (very corporate, 9th floor of a high rise, TRAFFIC!) and new co-workers and a new routine.
I am soooooooooooooooooooo jazzed that I will be earning a paycheck!  Its not enough to pay the bills but I am working on finding some ways to supplement my income.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday and a good week ahead.  Back to reading blogs....


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

9 comments:

Annette said...

Hey, do you have a working woman's wardrobe still? Do you need anything? I can go through my closet...I have a lot of nice stuff that I don't wear anymore. If you email me I will tell you the size...lol

Lisa said...

I will be thinking of you as you head off to the new job (I know you will do great).

I can't thank you enough for calling me yesterday to "check on me." It is one of the first times ever in my life that I shared some sadness with anyone (real or virtual) and it triggered someone to directly reach out. It meant so much to me, Barbara, so thank you.

I'm now sitting in Montreal, Canada, and have a day of meetings tomorrow and will fly back on Tuesday. I'm certainly less sad, but I feel like I have some work to do. Bryan touched my heart this morning, because he spent the night at his friend's house, but called me at 8 a.m. this morning to tell me "Travel safe, Mom." I felt touched that he would reach out to me, especially since it wasn't expected.

Good luck again tomorrow. You will do great!

beachteacher said...

aww Annette...how thoughtful ! Good idea ! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Hope you have fun in the new job! :-)

Unknown said...

I hope your new job is going well, today.

I have been studying your Tarot - trying to make sense of what I see - and I have been preparing a summary of your reading that I will put into email.

It's just that it's complicated - but then, nothing is easy that's worthwhile.

Momma said...

Hope you have a great day at your new job!

Cadan Henry said...

how great is that! i've been wondering how the job search was going. congrats!

i've heard so many theories on addiction i can't begin to count. personally, i believe its possible for anyone who wants to to live a sober life. after fourteen years of living off and on in my truck, jail, the usual, i just gave it up. said no more. so it is possible.

finally, on children. if i didn't have the kids in my life that i do there would be an emptiness i wouldn't want to imagine. i was with my seven year old niece all day yesterday. she was carrying around this stapled together bunch of papers and pencil. finally i asked her what she was doing. she said she was making her own dictionary.

C

Bar L. said...

Thanks everybody! My first day went well. The hardest part will be figuring out who's who.

Caden, THAT is precious about your niece. The minds of children never cease to amaze me :)

Anna said...

Congratulations on the job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...