May 3, 2011

My Sacred Insanity

My friend, Shawna, has been away from her blog for some time, but she's writing again!

Shawna is a recovered addict who's been through soooo much in her life, more tragedies than most of us will know in a lifetime.  She's a talented writer, a committed mother and wife and has a ton of wisdom and compassion.  She managed to overcome a lot and shares her strength with others.

Her son is a young teen and I know a lot of us can look back to those days and remember what it was like entering those years with concerns of drugs, etc.

Shawna is going to be advocating for mental health care in teens to help prevent self medicating and suicide.  I wish I could have been more pro-active when Keven was younger in helping him deal with some issues so that self-medicating didn't become his way of coping.

Check her out at "My Sacred Inanity"


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

1 comment:

beachteacher said...

will do Barbara....and I remember her blog from before. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...