December 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, Keven

Today is Keven's 20th birthday.  He had a court date and I went with him.  It was a positive day, everyone noticed that he's making progress and they were impressed that he accepted a new limitation that was put on him without his usual "negotiating tactics".  Then they judge, DA, his attorney, the inmates in custody, the bailiffs, and the entire court room sang happy birthday to him - I could tell by his expression that he got a major kick out of that!

The judge noted that he is still the youngest person in her program.

Later on his attorney called me to tell me that they talked about Keven in chambers today because of Gilbert's death, wondering how he handled it.  His PO said he took the news with maturity but she and everyone else agreed they needed to keep an even closer reign on him and be sure his time is well structured.

Of course there are no guarantees.  I found out that Gilbert was actually a resident of PH when he died.  He went out on a pass, bought heroin, used it in the car and they found his dead body just blocks away from PH.  His funeral is Friday, Keven requested a pass to go.

I am very tired.  I am thinking of many of you tonight.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

3 comments:

ChaiLatte said...

Happy Birthday to Keven! Sending you love, prayers and hugs, Barbara- I'm still following you. So much sadness and I can relate to so much of what you say. Much Love~C

Syd said...

I am glad that Keven had Happy Birthday sung to him. So sad about Gilbert.

Heather's Mom said...

Just went back and read to October...
I'm glad to hear K's progress has been noticed. That had to be kinda surreal them singing to him like that! Don't know was it that same female judge who was nice to him in the past?
What a quandary about is clean date, but I think it's a personal matter anyway.
I'm so sorry to hear about his friend :( and losing two people he knew within a week. Good thing the PO said they will keep watch on him. That's a lot for him to deal with.
Thanks too for the updates on Ant & Kelly.
God bless.
love and hugs to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...