December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas from Barbara and Keven!



I am grateful to have my son home today.  I know not all of you are able to spend this holiday with your loved one.  I am thinking of those of you who are separated right now because of a rehab, jail, a job, or because they are using.  

I just want to remind all of us, time does make a difference.  It seems that most of the addicts I know are moving forward.  Last year Keven was in a rehab for Christmas, the year before he'd just been expelled from his senior year in high school for being under the influence, and four days after Christmas he took a handful of pills in a suicide attempt.  He's had sobriety and relapses many times since then but for today, he's doing well.

I've never completely lost hope, but I've also learned all about being cautiously optimistic.  




10 comments:

Syd said...

Great photo. I am really glad that you didn't give up hope and that Keven looks so happy.

Michael said...

Very nice photo, you look beautiful Barbara. The Gift of sobriety is the most precious gift.

Bar L. said...

Syd, thank you so much, I know that is not a fake smile for once!

Michael, thanks (blushing) and you are right about sobriety.

~~BRB Queen~~ said...

Good to hear you had a good day! Kevin looks healthy :)

Heather's Mom said...

Oh how I smiled when I opened this up and saw two beautiful people in front of the tree! Thank you so much for posting this picture - so awesome!
God bless you both :)

Lisa said...

Lovely to see you and Keven together for this Christmas. He looks healthy and happy; and you are a gorgeous mom!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I'm so grateful for caring and honest bloggers like you Barb,
that offer hope - even when reality
can cast a lot of helpless dark shadows on those of us who have
seen so much loss by addictions.

I like this picture too.

Thank you for sharing.

BMelonsLemonade said...

Great picture. Keven looks very healthy. You two look very happy.
Much Love...T

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

Tell me your secret...you look beautiful and so very happy.

Bar L. said...

Thank ALL of you who commented here. I knew there would be some smiles from you to see my son smiling and looking genuinely happy :) Thank you all for caring, it means the WORLD to me and I care right back at ya!

Mom's SB - thanks, i don't see myself as beautiful that's for damn sure. If there is a secret its feeling real hope for the future :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...