April 18, 2011

dangerous people

One of the most important aspects of recovery is Staying Away From Dangerous People !

And, one of the ways you become an addict is to hang around one.

This is what's happened in the case of A and his new girlfriend. (I can't even stand to write his name here anymore, but I do still care even though I wish I didn't).

A few posts back vented about how I want to blame A for Kelly and Keven's relapses because they were just fine till he was out of prison.  I know...its their own choice.  It was not A's fault, but he did play a role.

Now I am struggling again with the blame game because He got his new gf is addicted.  She'd never even seen heroin before he entered her life.  Now she's hooked, he's on Prop 36 and trying to stay clean and he calls me complaining how hard it is to deal with an addict!

(Insert mean laughter here along with "HA!  NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!")

Actually, its way too sad to  laugh about.  I would never laugh at something like this.  I don't even feel like saying "I told you so, or now you know how it feels".  I just feel totally sad that another person (she's 18) has fallen into the deep dark hole.  I hope she can crawl her way out.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

5 comments:

Bristolvol said...

That is a shame. He won't stay clean long like this. But, the gf made her decision to try it out. I am sure noone held a gun to her head. That is why I am so weary of my daughter being clean. She is married to her dealer, for goodness sake. But you are absolutely right: stay away from dangerous people if your want to get into recovery. Ross says the same thing.

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

This is not going to be a popular observation but HELL YES It is Anthony's fault. Phew...there I feel better.

If I new someone was fighting a disease or hell even a cold. I would not come over with full blown flue so I could infect someone who has a weakened immune system.

I would care enough that they were fighting for their lives and the least I could do is let them not be contaminated with my germs.

Anthony contaminated them when he new they were in weakened states of recovery. PERIOD. It was selfish and unforgivable.

Anthony needs to be quarantined like ummmmm jail! So he doesn't infect anyone else who is desperately fighting for their lives.

I apologize to anyone that may find this offensive but it is really how I feel.

Tori said...

I struggle with this same thing. If you read my post a few weeks back about me chasing down the guy that actually got B started in smoking oxi, and H and dealing. I hate that kid he has hurt many, many people and yet he is still dealing and using. I have never liked this kid and I still wish today I would have caught that little ass that day so I could have at least gotten in one good punch. I doubt he would have turned me in but a night in jail would have been well worth it.

However, MY SON WAS CLEAN and he didn't have to be around that kid. It was his choice.

It is truly a double edged sword but I wonder how many kids my son turned on to H? I would bet there are a few. I don't think A is ready to be sober and I do think he needs to be locked up in a rehab for a long time. Then again my son does too.

Dad and Mom said...

I agree with Moms Serious Blunder.

It's a matter of respect and commom decency. It' like the sick person standing on a ledge on a building and the crowd below begins to chant, "Jump, jump, jump."

As a lifeless body is laying on the sidewalk the crowd shrugs, it was his decison.

Cindy said...

thanks for your raw emotion and communication, it helps to know that there are other's out there like me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...