April 21, 2011

News and Views...

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday AGAIN.  Time flies.  Busy week for me dealing with car issues, a job interview and a few other things.  I really want this job (I want any job but this one would be perfect for me).

Keven has court again next Tuesday so that will be very interesting.

Bill over at "Dad on Fire" has a good post up.  Here is the first paragraph:

As U.S drug policy struggles with the  reality of a failing drug war,  a dysfunctional drug policy and confusion in moving towards decriminalizing America’s addict population, I would like to acknowledge the real losers here; our addicted population of young addicts.  They are on the road to become old addicts.  Some have a hustle; others are in constant danger of filling our jails.  Many are our children.   They fit somewhere in a population of 25 million alcohol and drug users.   They impact 2/3′s of Americans in some form.  This is not a moral issue.  It is a medical issue, in which treatment and not the least a cure,  is more elusive than cancer.  
You can read the rest of it here.


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

5 comments:

Pammie said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. I've all over it today.

Lisa said...

You always help me see the bigger picture, Barbara. Thank you! And you know I'm full of positive thoughts for you and the job interview.

Lou said...

Barbara, thanks for your nice comments. I've been reading the parent blogs off and on, and felt I had something to share.

Prison was the BEST thing that ever happened to Andrew. He was evaluated by a psychiatrist, and since he was captive, they were finally able to find the right meds. He has lots of mental issues, Keven sounds a lot like him from what you write. Guess what, Andrew sleeps with the light on also when he's stressed.

Heroin masks all those problems (that's why they do it!) and it's impossible to treat them for mental illness while on drugs. First of all, they won't take their meds when using, they won't keep dr's appointments, etc. In prison (NOT jail, not enough time) he may get a caring, conscientious doctor like Andrew did. Andrew would not be off drugs, I'm convinced, if he was not on the right meds.

It is very hard to get good treatment without money, but..it can be done. But not by an addict who's screwed up on heroin. They don't have the where withal. I have changed my mind completely about "waiting till they are ready." I'm all about forced treatment these days. I've changed my mind about lots of things. But at least I'm open to all ideas, just like you dear!

Lou said...

PS why do you have so many freakin' blogs??

Bar L. said...

Lou, you sure do have something to say!! I have a feeling the judge won't give him prison time, we'll see on Tues.

The reason I have so many blogs: I started in 2005 and quickly became a Blogaholic, but I do attend BA meetings! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...