August 17, 2010

Check Out My Other Blog Today:

I wrote this last year, a few days before Keven got arrested and put in jail for three months (a lifesaving event!).

I read it now and see that I have changed and learned a lot. A year ago there was still a bit of naiveté, a bit of defensiveness perhaps? But I still stand by what I wrote then.

Sigh.

I do have a bit of an update on him: He was promoted to Phase III of his program which means one less day of probation a week and a later curfew (11 pm instead of 10) AND the thing I really like: he has to wear a drug patch now. Love those drug patches!!! You can't fake a patch and if it "accidentally comes off" you automatically get counted as "dirty".

Anyhow, here's the post form my other blog. Its long, if you don't read it at least scroll down to see how cute he was when he was a little kid :)

I apologize for not being around your blogs as much....working till 6 pm and then having an hour drive home has really put a dent in my free time, but I love my job :) I still read, I just don't comment as often.

5 comments:

Syd said...

You have grown Barbara and that's a good thing. Hope your day is going well.

SilverNeurotic said...

Congrats to Keven for his "promotion"!

Kristin said...

Keven is on his own path and I am glad that he is complying to the program. I am also happy that the consequences of not following are not yours to enforce.
xx kris

LisaC said...

Barbara, I miss you but I know you are out there. You have grown so much; and today, I'm just proud to know you and to see that Keven continues his journey in recovery.

a Mom's Serious Blunder said...

Love the new layout!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...