August 22, 2010

Overwhelmed & Quick Update & Refill of Oxy for me!

I've had to take a step back from commenting on all your blogs because I feel overwhelmed.  One of the downsides of being the type of person who genuinely cares about others (as most of you know from personal experience) is finding a balance of being caring and supportive and yet not letting it get to you to the point of feeling stressed out.

I was feeling stressed out.  I was unemployed for a year and had all the time in the world to keep up with the people I've grown to care about deeply via blogging.  Now I work full time and don't get home till 7pm each evening.  I have so much LESS TIME for "life".

So, please know that I am here, that I care, I just don't have the time I used to have.

Update on Keven, Kelly and Anthony:

Keven is doing "okay" at the moment.  The drug patch he's wearing is wonderful, it keeps him from even thinking about drugs because he knows its a one way ticket to jail.  I love that!  Unfortunately his anxiety level is high and keeps him from sleeping.  He looks very tired.  He's making progress in therapy and his psych. is trying to wean him off two of his meds (thankfully!).

Anthony has been quiet this week but I assume no news is good news.  Kelly is going good, working six days a week and being trained as a dog groomer (good job for her she is like a young "Dog Whisperer".

As for me --- I've been kind of depressed, partly because I injured my back and got out of my workout routine for a week and am kind of nervous about re-injuring it.

OH THAT REMINDS ME!  This TICKS ME OFF!  Last year my back was so painful I could not move (literally) and got an RX of Oxycodone to ease the pain and allow me to heal.  Since I'm not an addict this was fine, I used it as intended and had leftovers once my back healed (I flushed them when Keven got out of rehab).  So the other day in total pain I call the doctor that gave them to me (who doesn't really know me and hasn't seen me in over a year) and got him to fax in an RX for them to my pharmacy for a refill !!!!!  It was THAT EASY and I paid $5 for a bottle of 60!

So far I've taken 1.5 (three halves) and have them hidden away in case I need them again.  But the point is - how damn easy was that?  How does he know I am not an addict?  Addict come in all shapes, sizes, types, ages, etc. etc.  It kind of irritated me that he assumed it was cool to do this.


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

10 comments:

ChaiLatte said...

I think we all understand about not having time for blogging, Barbara. I don't think I was working when I started blogging either. Hopefully none of us judge each other for whether we blog or not. I'm like you, whether I'm here or not, everyone I've "met" here is always in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about your back! Yeah, I hear ya on the scripts... Maybe someone can answer this question- I've heard there are non-addicting pain killers, is that right? If so, why don't doctors start with those? Are they not as strong? I don't handle pain pills well at all, so if someone can enlighten me!

Hugs, Barbara!

~~BRB Queen~~ said...

Taking care of self is number one priority. I've certainly learned that the hardway.

Anna said...

I am glad to hear from you whenever you are available. Please tell more about this drug patch. How does it work? I am not familiar with it at all.

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

I too am going back to work next week and will have MUCH less time time to indulge in blogging. I will read everyones blog of course and always know you are in my prayers! You are a great mom and Kevin is lucky to have you. Take care of your neck and don't ever let Kevin know you have those meds even in the house. J once spent an entire day looking for meds that I had taken with me. My house was a mess. This was very early on in his addiction and was one of the first signs of the scope of his addiction.

Syd said...

Glad that you are taking care of yourself. I have no idea about the script other than if you had a refill, I suppose they trust that you got that legally.

Michael said...

Oxicodone is bad but, the "hillbilly herion" is oxycontin, the truely drug of chioce for many with addictions. here it is that easy too unfortunately. The walk in clinics here will not prescribe any narcotics. This is a good thing.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I blew my back out two weeks ago and got a RX for them also...simple as pie...

I was happy but also wondered how it was that easy

Lily said...

Hi, good to hear what you have to say. I was a heroin addict for two years and it took me nearly a year of subscribed meds to get clean... since then I've struggled with other 'socially acceptable drugs,' as well as relapsing on heroin. I know my dad (my mom's dead) wishes I had turned out different. It's so weird, I am educated, I even have an honours degree but for some reason substances have always been my achilles heel. Good luck to you and your family. Love.

Heather's Mom said...

It's unbelievable how easy it is to get. No wonder it's so easy to get on the street too - maybe you're not using, but looking to make a quick buck to finance a european vacation. At this point I honestly don't know what the future holds with oxy distribution, my optimism has waned. There's a movie coming out that may bring more attention http://www.oxyblues.com.

Thanks for the update on K, Ant & Kelly - and you! Don't stress out about blogging - I totally know what you mean about caring so much about people - but remember that we all care back about you :)

Love & hugs :)

Sharon G said...

No worries my friend. Just take your time. YOU need to spend time with YOU first!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...