August 2, 2010

Diluted Urine

Kev just told me that he may be going to jail next week because his drug test came out so diluted today (well, his words were that his piss was too clear).

Of course my first thought is:  he's been using.

He was sick this weekend with a fever and vomiting.  And of course my first thought was:  he's been using.

I don't know for sure and may never know but today he is not high, I am certain of that.  He is seeing a new therapist and she actually communicates with me (without breaking any confidentiality) and told me today that she was going to ask him to sign a contract saying that he would not use any mind altering substances (including increased doses of his prescribed meds) while she was working with him because therapy will not work if he is.  This is the sort of thing that actually motivates him because he honestly does want to get better.

So that's where we are today.  Going to catch up on blogs and hit the hay.  I don't have as much time as I used to so I don't comment as much but I am still "with you" and reading along.



Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

7 comments:

Her Big Sad said...

Hang in there Barbara! I hope you get good rest this evening.

Hugs and Prayers!

Syd said...

If he uses, there isn't anything that you can really do, except ask him to leave. Time to focus again on you, Barbara. Take care.

SilverNeurotic said...

Hang in there. A contract sounds good, something to hold himself accountable.

Annette said...

Hmmm, I hate those situations. You don't technically have a positive test to say "Yes, he used." But there is suspicion swirling everywhere. So all you can do is go back to acknowledging that if he did or not is really only his business. He will be the one to pay the consequences either way.

Glad he has a new counselor...I hope that relationship becomes a good foundation for him.

LisaC said...

Take care of yourself. If you are healthy and happy, it will actually help Kevin in his quest to be healthy and happy. Hang in there! You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather's Mom said...

You know you & K are always in my prayers. That's the best I can do when my first instinct was oh, he drank a lot of water before the test...
The new therapist sounds promising.
And a visit with Ant will be nice.
Love & hugs to you!!!

Carolyn said...

Crap! Just hold on my friend. Focus on yourself as much as you can and cut yourself some slack when you can't. Love hime and let him go, as much as you can...
Sending you hugs and prayers

Carolyn

ps-ope ID isn't working for me so I have to use my other bolg account to comment. Sorry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...