August 8, 2010

Sweet Prison Visit!

Seeing Anthony today was great!

I had never been to a prison before, it sounds so intimidating compared to "jail" but it was a lot nicer place.  This is not Chino, he got transfered.  Chino is notorious for violence so I am glad he's no longer there.

Here is a photo where I spent my Sunday:




The interesting thing about this place is that its surrounded by houses and a really nice park!!!  It was in a rural area, tons of horses and ranch style houses.

We got to sit at a table with him for four hours!  He looked so healthy and is huge from working out constantly.  It was very special.  The inmates all seemed so much more mellow and less scary than what I am used to seeing at OC Jail.  I'm not sure why that is.

Ant signs up for some college classes this week and is managing to stay away from drugs.  He said there are drugs EVERYWHERE in there but he has too much to lose this time.  I can only hope and pray that he means it, time will tell.

As for my "real" son, I haven't seen him much this weekend but the reports from my sister are that he seems "good".

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

5 comments:

SilverNeurotic said...

I really really hope that Ant continues to improve.

Heather's Mom said...

Woo-hoo! So nice to hear about Ant and a great visit! My gosh, that must be hard to stay sober if there are drugs there, I would think there might be "peer pressure" - so that's awesome he is staying clean.
AND, thankful the report from your sister was "good".
Love & hugs!

Syd said...

Sounds promising for Anthony. I hope that he means it this time.

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad that you had such a great and positive visit and that Ant is staying clean in such a tough environment. And signing up for college courses is awesome too!!
Sending prayers, blessings and hugs

Carolyn
www.parentofanaddict.wordpress.com

Kansas Bob said...

Great news Barbara!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...