June 17, 2011

Enabling Checklist

I found this in some notes and thought it might be helpful as a reminder of things NOT to do:

  • give or lend money
  • provide a place to live
  • rescue/fix problems
  • supply a car or transportation
  • buy or provide alcohol or drugs
  • bail out of jail
  • lie to cover up problems
  • deny the addiction to others
  • defend behaviors to others
  • ignore or laugh at the problem
  • argue, plead, beg, threaten, placate, bargain
  • insist nothing can be done
  • keep secrets for the alcoholic
  • put yourself in jeopardy
  • allow drunk driving
  • take over responsibilities
  • protect from negative consequences
  • blame other people or circumstances
  • avoid social functions
  • provide employment
  • finance school related expenses
  • pay bills
IN OTHER NEWS:  GUESS WHO'S GOING TO U2 TOMORROW NIGHT AND IS SO EXCITED SHE CAN BARELY CONTAIN HERSELF???????????????????????????????????????  yeah, baby!


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Have a great time at the concert Barbara!!

beachteacher said...

thanks Barbara....timely post...at least for me it is. I needed this.

Her Big Sad said...

Oh Barbara, I hope the evening is EVERYTHING you have looked forward to it being, and MORE! Have an awesome time and I look forward to hearing about it!! BIG HUGS!

Momma said...

Thanks for the post, and have a great time!

BMelonsLemonade said...

Have a great time, Barb. I thoroughly enjoyed Phish last night. The show was amazing, the set list was awesome. Lucien asked me to put the "story of a ghost" song on his Ipod today! He also had a blast.

Tori said...

Perfect timing for me. I need to be reminded at times what I think could helpt him clearly does not.

Have a great time. I will email you tomorrow so we can make plans to have lunch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...