June 26, 2011

Thank You, David Whiting!

Article Tab : used-foil-heroin-oxyconti
Photo:  
PAUL BERSEBACH, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER


I was ecstatic to open (online) my local newspaper and find a front page article on how opiates are killing the youth of  South Orange County.  FINALLY someone in the media is taking notice and spreading the word.

Of course we all know this is happening across the entire USA, but where I come from, a very clean, safe, upper middle-class (mostly) area, its one of those things "nice families" think their children are immune to.  Its so important for parents to understand what is going on and that heroin is not like other drugs.

I know the photo will be upsetting for many of you to see.  I still cringe when I see a roll of foil and a laundry list of other household items that are now associated with heroin.

I've mentioned before that I've wanted to write a book, and so has Keven.  I took a class on self-publishing yesterday and think I am going to go for it.  I want to share what I've learned.  I don't have all the answers but I sure know a lot more now than I did in 2008 when this nightmare started.  Its become a passion of mine to help other parents.  Do you think anyone would actually buy the book?????  I'm open to any and all input from the other "experts" who read here.

Thanks.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...