June 30, 2011

Please Remind Me to Keep My Feet on the Ground

I got to spend about a half hour with him today, and it was wonderful.  The other day I was worried because he wanted to walk somewhere rather than get a ride...I think I was over-reacting.  He SEEMS so good, so happy, so positive, so grateful.

I picked him up at probation and drove him back to his Rehab.  He has first all day pass this weekend.  All Day Freedom????  I tell myself he will be fine, and I really think he will.  But the nagging in the back of mind, those constant fears that never completely go away.  Five months is good - but he's had nine before and....well you know.

So, I have to keep reminding myself that even though I see all these positive changes, I've seen them plenty of times over the last few years.  I can't let my guard down.  I can't be too excited.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

4 comments:

Bristolvol said...

Just remember, one day at a time! Have a great holiday weekend!

Momma said...

yup, one day at a time, and take it as it comes...

Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...