October 8, 2011

Another Lost Friend

I went to visit both my guys today.  I saw Anthony first and we had a wonderful visit, but he did have some bad news:  one of his friends died recently of an OD.  They had seen each other just days before Ant got arrested.

Then I asked Keven if he knew the young man, and he said yes he knew him too.  In fact one of Keven's friends at rehab was really good friends with this kid so Keven told him and he broke down crying.  He got out his iPod and showed us a bunch of pictures of them.

My heart is breaking for his parents.  I don't know them personally, but yet, we all know them don't we?  They are us.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

5 comments:

Tori said...

Yes, sadly we do know them you are so right.

So, so sad.

Dawn said...

My heart breaks for them too. It's a terrible thing......

notmyboy said...

I honestly believe that if my son goes back out there, he will die. It keeps me up at night.

VJ said...

Yes, we all do know the parents. In fact, we know them very well.

Libby Cataldi, who wrote the book, "Stay Close" and her son spoke at a fundraiser for a foundation that provides treatment for adolescents. Her son spoke of the time when one of their friends OD in their apt. & they attempted to drag him down the stairs. They wanted to hide the body so the police would not investigate them! He never said anything about his remorse of losing his friend and certainly no mention of the grieving parents. I resented that as all I could think of when he was talking was about the parents. That could have been my son or your child.

Stacy Warner said...

Thank you for thiis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...