October 6, 2011

$$$$


I continue to be completely stunned by the low pay employers are offering these days.  And to find one that provides health benefits is almost unheard of.

I am fortunate to be working part time, rather than not at all, but I am not making ends meet.  My dear sister is supplementing my income each month PLUS buying all the food we eat.

Its humbling to say the least.

It would be nice to support myself again.
To be able to spend $20 without cringing.

Homeless people have always had my empathy - but now more than ever because I would be right there with them if it weren't for my family.

In March my COBRA insurance will run out and I will have not health care.  I am actually on a very serious diet so that hopefully by then I can get a lower rate because being overweight hikes up the monthly cost big time.

Ok, done complaining.  Just had to vent.  Its very upsetting to go from making $20 per hour @ 40 hours per week with awesome insurance - to nothing for nine months - to $12 per hour @ 20 per week.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

1 comment:

Tori said...

One of the reasons I took a 2nd part-time job...even though we are both employed and supposedly get a discount for a group rate, it is ridiculous.

Hang in there it has to get better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...