October 5, 2011

My Own Drug Use

I feel like I need to come clean and admit that in my younger years, I was a drug user.  Somehow I managed to stay away from getting in too much trouble and was never addicted (although I did drink way too much).

I started drinking and smoking "pot" when I was 13.  The year my dad died, I stayed stoned the entire year to avoid feeling anything (age 15).  After that I discovered LSD.  I loved dropping acid back then - but the thought of doing that now scares the crap out of me - being completely out of control of your own mind.

Anyhow I did all kinds of pills, coke, mushrooms, PCP - but never heroin.  I dated several drug dealers and a few addicts (wrote about one of them here).

Anyhow all this went on until I was 25 and got my first really good job.  I lost interest in drugs and just stopped.  Now I have a drink maybe once or twice a year.

Somehow sharing all this makes me feel kind of like a hypocrite, but its been bothering me so I decided to just





Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...