October 22, 2011

Mass Murderer "next door"

Well, the new "venue" is great.  Kev is in the medical module and is in a huge cell with beds...that's right BEDS, double BEDS, not bunks.  There are four guys in it.  The door is left open all day so they can go in and out to the day room if they choose.  Nice, huh?  Even I could handle that.  Also, his finger is being looked at every other day (they didn't look at it once in two weeks at OCJ) and there is a nurse there 24/7.  PLUS, they get to go outside for "yard time" four times a week!  At OCJ it was once every other week.  Big difference.  He really lucked out - all because of his broken finger.

BUT - you won't believe who's in the next cell over and shares the dayroom with him - the guy that killed the 8 people in the hair salon in Seal Beach a few weeks ago.  The most notorious bad guy our county has ever had.  Keven says he's in a wheelchair and is a "red band" so he's locked up most of the time.  It just feels strange knowing he's in the presence of someone who commit such a heinous crime so recently.

Another young man in his cell was also in the news when his "crime" was committed.  He was driving drunk, got in an accident and it killed all three of his passengers (girlfriend, sister and friend).  I know drunk driving is a crime, what happened was awful and he should be punished...but I'm sure the remorse he feels is far more painful than his jail sentence.  Keven said he's a nice, quiet guy.

Ten more days and we will find out his sentence.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

6 comments:

Tori said...

Are you kidding me? That is crazy! That was so horrible to see all of those people on the news when that happened. I also remember the kid too and I agree with you. I am sure that kid even if he was out would never, ever be "normal" how could you possibly mentally and emotionally recover from that.

I am glad Keven is in a better place. I hope everything goes well at his sentencing.

Tori said...

I am going to email you about something incredibly stupid I did but I know you will understand. Another one of my not very proud moments.

bugerlugs63 said...

Hi.
I too have a new "venue" to go to tomorrow . . . Taking 4 yr old daughter to see her Dad (5 yr sentence) . . . bitter sweet. I always find the visit goes well on the surface, but I come home totally emotionally exhausted and thats when I'm well!
So will probably post on that once I have recovered. I can only imagine what its like to visit your son in one of these "venues" . . . heartbreaking. Take care x

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Continuing to send prayers your way, my friend. And yes, we definitely WILL meet someday. Hopefully soon! XOXO

Jay Noel said...

Wow. Can't believe they paired that young guy with a killer.

I hope all goes well with Kev.

Bar L. said...

Thanks for all the comments. Just to be clear - the murderer is in the cell next door, so Kev sees him but doesn't have to interact with him. I hope he chooses NOT to interact, it just creeps me out too much.

Not sure how long either one of them will be in the medical module. In fact, if things go really well, Kev will be out next week (that's the best case scenario)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...