September 24, 2009

Grateful - Hopefull - THANK YOU!

I am in the process of responding to all your individual comments.  Thanks to each and every one of you - all of you said basically the same thing:  This is GOOD.  And I agree wholeheartedly.

I wanted this, and its the best thing possible for K.  I hope it "breaks" him of some of the arrogance and blaming that he still clings to regarding his addiction, I think that is what he needs.  I feel much better today, in fact I feel pretty damn good!

I grieved last night, got it out of my system and am ready for the next phase of day by day and staying strong and taking care of ME.

AND as icing on the cake, last night I got to say some things to K's father that I had held in for the last 7 years or so.  I got it ALL out.  He (bio dad) actually laughed at me several times while I was explaining to him how hurt K was when, at age 12, Thom stopped visiting him to punish me for asking for child support (I should have filed for back support).  He tried to BLAME K for not calling HIM.  Um...hello?  This is so lame I don't even have to explain it to all of you, but he didn't get it.  He didn't get that he's the ADULT, the FATHER.  He could not come out and say "yes, I agree, I let my son down" and he never will.  But he took plenty of time to brag about his son that lives with him (age 13).  What a __________.

Hope you are all having a good day.  Thanks for listening.  Getting all this out feels very cathartic this week and I need to purge all this junk now so I can start my 50th year feeling good.  I can not believe I am turning 50 TOMORROW!

FIFTY!  It sounds old but its not.  The number doesn't even bother me.  Much.

9 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

The best way to celebrate being 50 is to go out and do something you wanted to do when you were 25 but didn't have the guts.

Happy Birthday

Amber said...

Hey, just wanted to say I'm glad you have Drew there for ya during all of this. Kevin's dad is a piece of work. Sheesh.

drewzepmeister said...

It just blows my mind on how can a father not care about the welfare of his child! If I were Thom, I'd be on the horn getting involved. Geeze, I know more to what's going on than he does!

Syd said...

Barbara, I hope that you enjoy your special day. You deserve something special.

Tall Kay said...

Enjoy your last day of being in your 40's! Fifty is fabulous, by the way!

KrippledWarrior said...

Look up the term "pathological Narcissist." There are defective people in this world. The trick is to find out before they get a chance to ruin lives around them. Have great B-Day.

Mom of Opiate Addict said...

Have a grand 50th, you so deserve it! Live it up:)

Tall Kay said...

Just stopped by to wish you a very Happy Birthday! I hope it is filled with fun surprises and laughter and good friends! I am still amazed the 50 feels this young!!!

Michael said...

50 happens. This coming Wednesday (30th) I will be 52. Not sure how that happened, but here to tell you that that there where people taking bets \i would not make 30. My Dad even bought me a cemetary plot because he believed I would need it soon. God had another plan, He has one for you and one for Keven. Hang on and pay attention.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...