July 1, 2011

"Parents Talk Heroin and Kids and Death"

Once again my thanks go out to Dave Whiting of The Orange County Register.  After writing last week's article Dave was deeply touched by the stories he heard and realized the need to get the word out in our area.  I've told him his articles may save lives.  I wish I would have known I was not alone back in 2008 when I first discovered Keven was using.  Eventually I met the parents who read here and without you, well, I honestly don't know how I would have made it through.

I hope that some parents in OC find my blog and introduce themselves, I would love to connect with them.  


Welcome to anyone from OC!


I am quoted in the article (you can read it here), and he also posted this photo.  It was taken when Keven was being let out of jail for the first time and his PO was coming over to inspect his room.  I had already searched his room and thrown out all the other paraphernalia (that's why there are no spoons in this photo) so ALL OF THIS was what he had hidden so deep I could not find it until he told me where to pull up the carpet, which pockets to look in, and a few other hidden places!!!

Sorry, I know this photo hurts to look at for some of you.  I still feel uncomfortable when I see an empty balloon or any type of foil. Click to make photo larger.


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

6 comments:

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

no photo?

Bar L. said...

Did the photo come back? I redid it.

beachteacher said...

ugh...I saw the photo....and I get that feeling that I still do when I see or come upon things that are reminders of our son's using days in our house....gives me shudders, still. And you KNOW that I don't know at all what I'd have done these past couple of years without you and the other bloggers as well. You've saved whatever sanity I had and still do..no question. There is no one that understands like all of you.

Momma said...

I do, so agree with beachteacher. The photo was hard to see. But, you're doing a great thing, Barbara, well, actually many great things. Thanks for doing what you do in your community, and also for us in the blogging community, your blog has been a lifeboat for me.

Gledwood said...

Is one's PO allowed to inspect one's home? WOW!!

Debby of Oxycontin and Opiate Addiction: A Mother's Story said...

Wow. I just saw this photo and I felt like hurling. I hate foil. I hate straws. I hate balloons. It's so sickening. Sometimes, when I need to look in my son's closet for something I say a quiet prayer that I won't find anything. I don't know what I would do if I did. So far, so good. But the memories are still painful. Still reading back...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...