November 14, 2011

Breathe - Refocus - Don't Stress

That has been my mantra today.

Big things happening with both guys at the same time.  Anthony's 4 month jail stay is over tonight at midnight (or, please dear God, make it tomorrow at noon instead!).  The plan is for me to pick him up, get him to probation and parole, pick up his clothes from the ex gf, say hello to his brother and then drop him off at 6 pm tomorrow evening at his new home, 3rd Step House.

Kev is also wanting to go to 3rd Step House.  He is being interviewed by them today (I hope) and they will decide if he's right for their program.  I know what we are all thinking:  He only wants to go there because of Anthony.  I agree that its a huge part of it, but not the only reason.

3rd Step is a HARDCORE program that does not mess around.  They attend 13 meetings per week, volunteer at a detox center two evenings a week, must hold down a full time job, work the entire 12 Steps rigorously in 90 days with a sponsor.

Ant* plans to stay a year, I don't know about Keven.

Oig vay.

I will keep you posted.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

*Anthony is working a great program, has changed his thinking and his attitude.  BUT, that was behind bars.  Now the real test.

14 comments:

Terri said...

Barbara, I'll say a prayer for you and your guys tonight. You are an awesome support for them both. I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Bar L. said...

Thank you, Terri. I am taking good care of myself. I feel healthier than I have in years both physically and mentally.

Dad and Mom said...

Barbara,

Take care of yourself.

Keven and Ant, this is their life to live.

You know I'm behind you.

Bar L. said...

Ron, knowing you're behind me helps (cause I don't want to get kicked!) Seriously, what you said recently about Keven needing to grow up, etc. really hit home. This will be his first time actually living on his own, working, etc. I know he can do it and think he will feel ten times better about himself when he does. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I hope Keven gets into that program. I honestly think that he needs that type of structure. It sounds like boot camp for addicts.

And I really do hope that Ant stays on track. It's really great to hear how well he's doing-considering everything he keeps coming against.

Anonymous said...

I hope Keven gets into that program. I honestly think that he needs that type of structure. It sounds like boot camp for addicts.

And I really do hope that Ant stays on track. It's really great to hear how well he's doing-considering everything he keeps coming against.

Syd said...

Barbara, I hope that all works out. I am not sure about having Keven and Anthony together, but it is up to them, right?

Bar L. said...

Silver, thanks, and I agree. I know it sounds naive to think Anthony has changed, but I do. I've been wrong every time before but this time....we'll see.

Syd, I have concerns about that as well. But like you said, its up to them. He's completely on his own. I am helping him with things he can't do himself that relate to recovery, which is not much.

Kev does have a Plan B in case he doesn't go to 3rd Step House.

Cindy said...

Take care of you, and I am saying prayers for those young men of yours.

Lou said...

My mantra: it is what it is.

At least he is not out running wild..always a good thing;)

Bar L. said...

Cindy, thanks, they need prayers!

Lou, that is my overall mantra these days (I first heard it from you!) because I have FINALLY, finally learned that I have no control and whatever happens will happen. If something happens, I will deal with it with the same attitude.

Can you believe I'm finally really feeling this stuff instead of just thinking it in my head? Yay for me :)

Maija said...

I'm praying!

Cassie said...

I was up late looking around blog spot for some of the same stuff I have dealt with and found you. I've been through most of what you describe. Not a happy ending for me. I hope for the best for you. Maybe reading my blog would help you? My best wishes! duanessong.blogspot

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I don't know where you get your strength, Barbara. Sending hugs and positive vibes your way, my friend. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...