November 7, 2011

Let Go and please pray for me

I found this on one of your blogs last week and have been reading it over and over. I apologize, I don't remember where I found it. I admit, I am not doing well.

Which reminds me, I was not going to mention this till after I had the biopsy and got the results, but realized I would like prayer: Please pray I don't have cancer. That's all I feel like saying now but will fill you in once I know what's going on later this week or early next week.


To “LET GO” does not mean to stop caring, it means I can’t do it for someone else.

To “LET GO” is not to cut myself off, it’s the realization I can’t control another.

To “LET GO” is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences.

To “LET GO” is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.

To “LET GO” is not to try to change or blame another, it’s to make the most of myself.

To “LET GO” is not to care for, but to care about.

To “LET GO” is not to fix, but to be supportive.

To “LET GO” is not to judge, but allow another to be a human being.

To “LET GO” is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own destinies.

To “LET GO” is not to be protective, it’s to permit another to face reality.

To “LET GO” is not to deny, but to accept.

To “LET GO” is not to nag, scold, or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.

To “LET GO” is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes, and cherish myself in it.

To “LET GO” is not to criticize and regulate anybody, but to try and become what I can be.

To “LET GO” is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future.
To “LET GO” is to fear less and love more!

 Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

22 comments:

jeffrey soto said...

Barbara,

You are in our thoughts. Hopefully Keven's spirits will improve, and yours will with it. Your strength guides many people through these dark times. Continue being strong.

Jeffrey Soto from Myteensavers.

Syd said...

I am thinking of you. I hope that the biopsy is negative and you will feel positive soon.

Mrs F with 4 said...

Thinking good thoughts, hard, and sending them all your way...
Mrs F

Sue said...

Egh, what's this about a biopsy? Geez, Louise. May it be negative, may Keven eat the elephant as slow as necessary for digestion to occur but as fast as possible. <3

Dawn said...

Thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

Lou said...

Always thinking of you with prayers and hope.

XOXOX

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Sending postiive thoughts and prayers xxx

beachteacher said...

I'm praying Barbara....very much so. May you and Keven both be well. Please keep us updated. You're very important to me, and to many others as well.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers! And Keven too! I've had many cysts, and my sister even more. So far, all good. Once, the doc said there were so many cysts, they couldn't see anything else. They disappeared. I'd been drinking lots of coffee and eating sugar, which causes breast cysts. I stopped, and they went away. God Bless you and I pray your tests come back negative.

It is good that Keven is talking and feeling, even though feeling that way sucks. I know it does. I don't know what he goes through, not exactly, but can imagine.

Life is full of surprises, and I hope Keven finds his way Barbara. I really do. I hope good people come into his life, and good things that he enjoys so much that he will one day have something to look forward to. I think we all need that so much. Esp., those of us who tend to fall and go down into the darkness. We must have something to come up for.

God Bless You Both!
Your friend,
Michelle.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
You are definitely in my prayers. I just went through a breast lump scare a couple of months ago and I know how waiting for results is all-consuming! I am praying for you. I am praying for Keven! I pray for your peace, and for courage to deal with your life events. I am thinking positive thoughts for you...and will be here in blogland to support you however I can.
Take care,
Shelley in SK

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for you. I have been following your blog for almost a year now, first time I have commented. Your strength is amazing. Thank you for all you have given me with your honest and heartfelt posts.

Anonymous said...

Thinking ALL positive thoughts for you and biopsy results. Its ok for Keven to feel his feelings. He must learn how to cope. That sounds so trite so "duh, no kidding" but for my son it was the core of his making any progress at all.He needed to feel his feelings. And cope. Dad is right...let him work thru this in rehab. Keep the faith. We are all here for you xo Kris B

bugerlugs63 said...

Thinking of you and Keven. Praying & hoping that you both find some peace. I've deleted the rest of what I'd written as I can't think of anything that will help. Sorry. Hugs n love sent to you both x

notmyboy said...

You will be alright. No matter what. You will be alright. Repeat after me...I will be fine. I am a survivor.

Did you do it? If not, do it now! That's an order. Now, go back and do it again...louder this time. You say those words, and I'll do the praying.

Anonymous said...

*hug*

Have Myelin? said...

I hope it comes back negative. I've gone through all kinds of biopsy scares, mostly negative. The positive ones, well I am still here right? =)

Keep us posted...and you'll be in my thoughts for sure.

P.S. Isn't it odd we want a negative instead of a positive for a change? I mean usually we wish for something positive...

Tracy said...

Sending much love and prayers to you Barbara <3

Tori said...

Just want you to know I am thinking of you and praying for you and keven. Please keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

You and Keven are always in my thoughts, but I am definitely going to say a few extra prayers that everything works out with this latest crisis. *hugs*

Hattie Heaton said...

Prayers going up....

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! Still sending out healing prayers for you.

kc bob said...

Love the list. Might post it at my place.

I will pray Barbara.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...