November 2, 2011

The Sister He Never Had

Wow, I forgot I changed my template....I guess I was in an Autumn-y mood :)

Keven had a lot of paranoia today (the cops were going to show up and take him back to jail, etc.)

He couldn't eat, watch TV or relax.  I brought him his favorite smoothie and he did drink it. THEN, "Kelly" called and wanted to hang out.   You may remember her from posts in the pasts since she was once Anthony's girlfriend.

But she and Keven were friends before either of them knew Anthony and she really is like a sister to him.  She LOVES our entire family - right down to the smallest of our pets.  She has a nice bf now and the three of them are in his room across the hall watching a DVD.

Keven told me he feels so happy when he's around her.  Its kind of hard not to be, she's a very outgoing (hyper?) and fun person.  Very down to earth.  She and Keven look alike too,  people usually assume they are siblings.

He ate when she got here.

I am thankful for her.  They want to have a sleep over here Friday night and eat pizza and watch horror films.  She's spent the night before so that's no big deal.  I told them I'd think about it.  Its so weird being a mother again and having my son ask if he can have a friend spend the night!  Tonight it feels like we're all about five years younger and none of the crazy shit ever happened.

He's being so sweet, so loving.  Yet I sense how vulnerable he is, right under the surface he's a wreck.  I hope he gets stronger each day.  I see an innocence in my son that is touching.  He sees the good in people, he is so generous and goes out of his way to help friends or strangers.  He's funny too and has the cutest laugh I've ever heard.  His addict life didn't steal all of him.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

6 comments:

Sue said...

Okay, that last paragraph brought tears to my eyes :)

bugerlugs63 said...

Same, I choked on that bit too.

Lou said...

My addict is just like that last paragraph. That is the real person without drugs. It's almost unbearable to watch them change into the addicted stranger.

Enjoy this time. You know how fragile it all is.

PS Andrew was totally paranoid and wierded out for months after prison. I've written about it on my blog, but there is much more to it. I know you understand that part.

Syd said...

I'm glad that he has friends who care and who are healthy. That's a good thing. Hang in there, Barbara.

Dawn said...

I'm glad he has a friend that cares and understands too. It is so hard when they are paranoid and scared - he needs the healthy distraction and pizza and movies fit the bill!! Take care Barbara, hang in there. Prayers for you both!

Midnitefyrfly said...

It is such a blessing for you to have that time, seeing him relaxed and enjoying good friends. I will stay cautiously optimistic that this will be the first of many great memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...