July 26, 2011

I said this to someone the other day, I like it:

Addiction is like an infection that spreads from the addict to everyone they have close contact with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is how I felt after the Anthony incident.  Even those who want nothing to do with the addict can become infected by his actions just by being in proximity.

It happens all the time.  I admit, I am worried about him, but I have to remember that getting near him doesn't affect only me - I bring the "germs" home and, well, then my house gets robbed.

I read about a suicide just now in my local paper.  I hope it wasn't him.  It doesn't sound like something he would do....but you never know.





3 comments:

Tori said...

So true Barbara. I hope it wasn't him either. B has talked about it before and attempted it twice. It is horrible when someone is in that much pain that they see no other way out.

I hope that he is okay and that he goes to treatment soon. Sadly death seems to be something they accept.

Bar L. said...

Tori, so true, they do seem to accept it. Keven tried it once, Ant has been trying it for weeks (so he says) but said he can't OD no matter what he uses. The guy I just read about in the paper hung himself in the same area where Ant has been living in a tent. :(

Syd said...

I think for some there is nothing that can be done. Suicide is their solution. It is difficult for me to understand but those who have such severe depression that their thinking is irrational and they are so tortured find peace at last. Just another way to look at it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...