July 15, 2011

Thank you....

Geez, sometimes I wonder if I am blind about my own life.  Thank you all for comments that reminded me why I should not be involved in Ant's life anymore.  I just said a few days ago I was done with him, then turn around and consider helping the police catch him.  DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have left the same types of comments to any of you, but when it comes to my life, I let my heart lead instead of my head.  I've always been that way and in some cases, its appropriate, but in many its downright dumb.

I guess when it comes to my boys, especially Keven, my mind says all the right things but he lives inside my heart so even when I force my thoughts away from him, he's still in there.  I feel him (his pain, my worry, etc.) at all times.

I continue to be a work in process.  Thanks for the comments that felt like someone waving their hand in front of my face and saying "Helloooo, is anybody in there?  Earth to Barbara!"   :)

You are all the best.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
It's so easy to get lost in 'the fog' of our emotions sometimes. That's why we support each other, acting as lighthouses to guide each other through 'rough weather'. That's what good people do for each other. I hope that you have a peaceful day. Take care.
Shelley in SK

Mrs F with 4 said...

I felt terrible, writing as I did, but I just had this sense of urgency that you shouldn't do it. I do hope you didn't mind. My best wishes to you, for a peaceful day.

BMelonsLemonade said...

It is nice to have a sounding board, I think...

Bar L. said...

Thanks, Shelly, I did have a pretty good day.

Mrs. F, I am always open and appreciative to whatever anyone has to say with my best interest in mind. You rock!

Bmelon, yep, ya got that right :)

Terri said...

I always liked that bumper sticker that says "God ain't done with me yet." I like to consider myself a work in progress as well. I have my son and his son here with me this weekend and feel so blessed. You are in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. Take care of yourself.
Terri

Mike said...

you have one boy. Keven. Focus on him. It's critical

Lisa said...

Barbara, when I left for vacation Keven was doing well, so when I saw your comment on FB, I logged on and came this way to get caught up.

I agree with everyone's comments and thoughts. Any attention and energy you put into a loved one needs to be directed to Keven at this time. Ant has made his choices and he needs to carry through with them, one way or the other. And honestly, it is not your job to help the police. I will continue to pray for Keven.

I hope that your eye heals easily with minimal pain, and that you find some peace in your heart. You deserve it.

Ireland is fantastic; but we are almost done with our trip (flying home Monday).

Take care, my friend,
Lisa

yaya said...

someone said "having a child is like having a part of your heart walkng around outside your body" You'll always be connected to your son. You'll always love him and want the best. That's what makes it so hard to watch them do this to themselves.

Being the parent of an addict is a long weary journey. We do the best we can. We lLearn to love our addicts in a different way. We learn to detach when we have to. Help when we can.

But most of all, and probably the hardest lesson of all, we learn to take care of ourself.

You're doing a great job.

God Bless

Syd said...

You are cared about. Written words don't always convey the feelings or the sense of urgency. But there is no unkindness meant, ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...