July 30, 2011

No Candlelight Vigils for Dead Addicts :(



I feel hurt, bitter and sad when I think of the difference between what happens when a young person dies in a car accident or dies of an OD.

Car accident = flowers and stuffed animals left at the crash site, the media interviewing the family asking for support from the community, crying people with candles talking about how much the person will be missed.  Everyone saying "he/she was such a good person."

OD death = nothing


Many of these accidents are caused  by the young person making a foolish choice, just like addiction is a foolish choice our kids made.



Just read Ron's post today, it says it way better than I ever could: An Addict in Our Son's Bedroom

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

2 comments:

beachteacher said...

This was one of the best posts ever. Ron said it perfectly.... & glad to see you passing it on too.

GenRxation said...

I know, it's said. I just stumbled across an article about "rogue narcan paramedics" who derive pleasure from putting patients into sudden withdrawal. I'll never understand how a person's anger can be so misdirected...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...