September 23, 2010

Anthony Update

I talk with him often because he has an illegal cell phone in there.  Last night he begged me for money and had some story about why he HAD to come up with the money and that he WOULD pay me back.  I told him this was the last time unless he really did pay me back.

His younger brother was arrested in an undercover drug bust....they had been following him for days.  The irony is that Timmy never even used drugs, let alone sold them, until a few months ago.  Then he went "big time" immediately and now is in jail with a felony charge and a $200,000 bail.   Anthony is FURIOUS that after all this time Tim decided to "be stupid".

I just feel bad for their grandparents...I talk to his grandmother at least once a week (well mostly I listen).  Its not fair.  But its not fair to any of us.  Life is not fair right?

I totally  understand now how someone can distance themselves almost completely from their own child.  Sometimes its the only way to survive.

I hope I don't have to do that.  So far so good - one whole day has passed :)

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

5 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

AN illegal cell phone..how do they get away with that?

Bristolvol said...

How can he "come up" with money in jail? When my daughter was in, all she could do is have money in her account, and I would have to put it myself. It was just used for soap, lotion, and such. But I guess prison is different. Did he tell you what he needs it for? And how can he repay it? I would be careful about giving him money. It does not sound good to me.

Barbara said...

You would not believe some of the things they get away with in there. Drugs are rampant. :(

Kris B said...

Barbara I don't know what to say. No money for A. He's hitting you up because he has done something stupid (aside from having an illegal cell phone...good Lord....supremely stupid in its own right) and he's into somebody for the money. I'm scared for you having to deal with this. He's in prison. What would he need money for? And when will it be YOUR turn? Who is taking care of you while you busy yourself with all this crap? Say no to A. It will help you when the time comes to say no to Keven. Please don't take this wrong. I care about you.And your words have helped me so many times. You are so GOOD. Too good. I'm praying that you find the strength to let go of both of the addicts you love. I am you. Which is why I can say this. Let GO. For you. Xo Kris B

Syd said...

I agree with Kris B. I would not lend money to Anthony. It all sounds fishy and like a lie to me. He is breaking the rules and law by having a cell phone. What else does he do? I wish that I could say something that didn't sound so negative Barbara. But here is what I think: You are a nice person. The addict knows this and takes advantage of you and your kind heart. Don't let them do that. Say NO and love yourself. Take care of you and not fall for their BS. Sorry for being blunt but Anthony and his hands out for money just makes me angry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...