September 26, 2010

This is Where I Am Hoping Keven Will Be:

We have been searching diligently for the last few days for an affordable place for Keven to do out-patient treatment. Its court-ordered so we don't have a choice in the matter but since I have to pay for it, I want it to be affordable and helpful.

(could not get the photos to post but the place looks like a resort spa, not a rehab!)

He was suppose to go into St. Joseph's Hospital Dual Diagnosis program (they have a good reputation) but they REJECTED him based on the fact he did not have enough days clean. That pissed me off. Seems kind of stupid if you ask me.

So I found this place: Sovereign Health of CA Treatment

Not only is it VERY affordable (they take my insurance and waive the part I would pay for myself) but its beautiful and the day to day stuff they do sounds wonderful...I WANT TO GO - they do yoga, swim, meditate, get group and individual therapy....sign me up. I need it more than he does! I wonder if I can fake being an addict for a few months?

So, lets hope he gets in. I just hope they will make an exception for him to miss some of every week for court and probation....

I am still not thrilled that he has to be treated for his "mental illness" because I don't think he has one. But my hands are tied on that issue.


Dual Diagnosis Treatment: How it works

Dual diagnosis drug day treatment along with sober living is offered at our Sovereign Health of California Treatment Center in San Clemente. The primary objectives in treating addiction and dual diagnosis patients in a rehab center are to decrease those costly, repetitive drug rehab services you may be having and to address your whole world and not just part of the problem. Our multi-disciplinary team provides an intensive, practical dual diagnostic drug treatment modality at our center to increase harmony and understanding between family members, friends and community.
We are committed to giving knowledge about aspects of life skills that will enable participants to think conceptually and maintain the ability to think critically after treatment and for years to come.
When you enter into day treatment and sober living at Sovereign Health, your treatment begins with a series of assessments. These assessments will determine the nature of specific psychological issues and the extent to which these issues will affect recovery from alcohol or drugs. The initial assessment is referred to a medical doctor and addresses treatment needs.
After this initial meeting, you’ll be seen by the clinical director to identify issues that need work while in treatment. The results of these assessments are used to formulate an individual treatment plan that will be used to treat each client’s unique problems.
By treating you as a whole person, we can help you get it right the first time, and end the revolving door approach that may be causing you so much lasting pain.


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

7 comments:

Michael said...

Positive plus positive equals positive. Treatment as a whole person sounds good to me. Everything else has not worked. I still beleive willingness is the key. Keven has to be willing to put 100 percent in or it will not work.

Kristin said...

If Keven learns to meditate and exercises every day, he'll be on a healing journey. Hopefully, they will also let him taper off the drugs in a safe environment.

The treatment centers/ hospitals where I dropped my daughter off at LOOKED great, but the culture inside was grim. Controlled to the point of oppression, mean, uneducated staff and enforced drugging that she was constantly opposed to.
Empower Keven with the right to resist any kind of treatment that he feels is "wrong". Listen carefully to what he is objecting to. The staff will tell you a different story. It happened too many times for me to not warn you about this.

Since you really don't have a choice as he has to enter into some program, step back and hope that this is going to be a turning point for Keven.

xx kris

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

SIGN ME UP! Do they offer manicures? My cuticles are looking a little sad. LOL I know what you mean about the spa atmosphere. I could never figure out what was sooooooooo horrible about rehab. I would love a couple of weeks to think of no one but myself.

BUT seriously I pray that this is Kevin's miracle and yours too! You deserve a break. We all do, and if god happens to be reading this PLEASE hear my prayers.

Kris B said...

I'm hoping this will be the right place and the right time for Keven to begin his journey. But I'm hoping even more for you :) Sending Good Vibes your way xo Kris B

Peggy said...

Barb - so happy to hear that you have Keven "back", and that he will get another chance for some help. Just remember that WE are in recovery, too. Stay strong. Peggy

BMelonsLemonade said...

Dual diagnosis is a good thing. One of my best friends is schizophrenic, and also an addict. She has attended quite a few dual diagnosis programs. They do always seem to work for a year or more when she gets out. Her problem is that she does not manage her illness after a while, and when her head starts spinning off again, she uses. Also, she does not have a very good support system that can recognize her behavior. She lives on the other side of the country from me, and she usually calls me after things get hairy. I always know that her scizophrenia has gone unchecked again, but by then...its too late. She just had a baby, who is very healthy. But, two months after the baby was born, her hormones were out of control, and of course they put her on Reglin for milk production (and it is known to cause depressive and "crazy" side effects...why they would give this to some with a history of schizophrenia is BEYOND ME!!!!) So, she relapsed, nearly died, and is now in dual diagnosis again. I just wish she would manage her schizophrenia, instead of trying to forget about it, or run from it. And now, she has so much at stake. It is a hard road, I know. But, a good program is the first step. Keven is lucky because you can help him. My friend is not as lucky.

Anna said...

meditation and exercise are great for all of us. They might be critical for one suffering from addiction and mental distress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...