September 21, 2010

Once Again He Gets a Chance

The court he is in is called "Opportunity Court" but dang, how many opportunities does he get?

He is in jail today and then will start an "Intensive Out Patient Program for Dual Diagnosis".  He will wear a drug patch 24/7 and be monitored daily with a Breathalyzer for alcohol.  He will attend 90 NA meetings in 90 days, get a sponsor, and follow a contract.  If he does not follow the contract he is out.  They wanted me to pay for Sober Living and I am already going broke paying for all his meds, therapist, etc. etc. etc. so I said this is his one last chance and the JUDGE told him the same thing:  "One call from your mother and you're out."  I didn't want him to come home but its pretty clear that he has not room to mess up so we'll see how serious he is.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

3 comments:

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

I am so sorry I was not there for you. I feel more than a little selfish. I don't know where you live but my son is no doubt going to jail and seems to have done much less than Kevin. I hope he understands how lucky he is and how his chances have run out. I think you are a great mom Barbara someone special but if God only gives us what we can handle. I think he needs to know that you have all you can handle at this very moment. Please hear our prayers.

Bristolvol said...

I thought this is what the deal was last time. He learns by experience. Every time he screws up, someone cuts him some slack. Let's hope we don't have to find out what they'll do if they really mean it!

Syd said...

I don't think Keven is going to get better until he has to figure things out and take responsibility. Every time he is given another chance, as you say, it doesn't work. How about letting him pay for meds, and find his own place to live, and letting him figure out that it is up to him now. Sorry, but there is a pattern here and it isn't one that appears to be working for him or for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...