September 5, 2010

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back, Plus Prison Visit

Last night Keven had another episode because he DRANK ALCOHOL.  There are very few addicts that can drink alcohol without negative consequences, and Kev is not one of them.  I'll spare you all the details but I was up in the wee hours of the night listening to him and calming him down because that's what he needs when he comes home like that.

A strange thing - someone rang our doorbell at 1:30 am and we don't know who it was.  They waited, the dogs went crazy, they rang again and no one answered.  I was sound asleep with earplugs in.  My mom heard it but ignored it thinking I would answer it.  We don't think it was Keven's PO.  It bothers me wondering who would come over at that hour, it can't be a positive thing.

Went to Norco to visit Anthony today.  It was a "behind the glass" visit because he just got re-transferred back from a short stay at OCJ and was not at the right level for a contact visit.  He and his girlfriend talked for hours and I basically sat there and people watched most of the time.

Its interesting to see all the "family men" there interacting with their young children.  It makes you wonder what their stories are.  How did they end up in prison?  How does this affect their kids?  Lots of tired looking young mom's towing around toddlers and carrying babies.  It was sad.

I've been visiting blogs and getting caught up.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

6 comments:

LisaC said...

I will keep Keven and Anthony in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

Syd said...

An early AM visit like that sounds weird. I have never visited a prison and hope to keep it that way. Take care Barbara. You are the most important person in this life of yours.

Sherry said...

Hi Barbara - I hope you've had a good day today and will continue praying for you and Keven!

BMelonsLemonade said...

It took me a couple of incidents to realize that I could not use alcohol either. It seemed like every time I drank, something bad would happen. Jail is a tough thing, especially when kids are involved. I am so thankful I became a mother after I got clean!

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

That would drive me crazy. I would obsess about who it was that rang the doorbell. Hugs Barbara!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Prayers to you, Keven and Anthony...hope Keven realizes his need to stay away from all intoxicants

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...