February 14, 2011

Blog Dilemma

I used to have another blog (many of you checked it out from time to time) where I wrote about my life or anything that I found interesting, controversial, funny, etc.  Since my former employer print out pages of that blog to use against me recently, I decided to close it.  It no longer felt like home, maybe that's how a person feels after an intruder has been in their home - violated.  Of course there's a big difference between a public blog and a private home.  Maybe I'm just being dramatic.

But, nevertheless, I stopped writing there and now if I want to share something that is not related to addiction or recovery I will be sharing it here.  That feels weird to me too.  I am a very compartmentalized blogger for some reason...weird, huh?

So the dilemma is:

- do I just not write about personal/interesting stuff anymore
- do I write about those things here and just not care that it doesn't follow the "topic"
- do I change the name of the blog so its more all encompassing
- do I just quit making such a big deal out of such a silly little thing as this

I'll be pondering all this, and welcome any thoughts or opinions.

In the meantime I will share a picture of Keven that one of his friends sent me.  Now, can anyone tell me why on earth he's wearing a hat like this at the beach!?!  LOL




Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"Don't sweat the small stuff. It's the big stuff that will bring ya down."

Or so said my Drill Instructor all those years ago in the Marine Corps.


He was right then. He's right now.

Annette said...

Clearly he is concerned about sun damage Barbara. ;o)

Kristi said...

I love your posts wherever they get posted! My guess on the hat at the beach? Cuz Kevin makes that hat look so good!! That's a good looking kid you got there Barbara!!

BMelonsLemonade said...

Post whatever you want! After all, it is YOUR blog. My blog has also morphed...it began as a creative effort to share my story. I did not want it to merely be a "journal." And it has morphed into a more journal like entity. What my blog did, though...was get that creativity going, which lead to writing the book, and so many other projects. It also connected me with so many others out there, like you. And I am thankful for that. I think sometimes these shifts are good!

beachteacher said...

we'll all read about whatever it is that's on your mind (or blog!) and love it,...and that's a fact. We love to hear what you're thinking...or doing, etc.. Write about whatever....we're all interested. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...