February 24, 2011

I Lost

Just found out I lost my unemployment appeal and will not be receiving benefits.

My former employer sent five people to lie to the judge, so it was five against one.  I thought for sure he would recognize that they were lying but I guess not...numbers talk and there was no one I could call as a witness because they were all paid (in one way or another) to lie.
Life is not always fair.

I am officially freaked out over my finances and can't live on my credit cards much longer because they've all come close to the limit and no one will give me a higher limit because I have no income.

What does  a person do in this situation?  I am very, very fortunate to have a roof over my head and food to eat but won't be able to pay my bills much longer.  Can they take me to jail?  I've never not paid bills in my life.

I can't find a damn job.  I am trying every single day.  I am supporting not only myself but my son.  What's he suppose to do when my credit runs out because he can't find a job either.

Not a happy day.

P.S.  I am also getting discouraged at all the ads wanting someone "bi-lingual".  I'd say at least half say bi-lingual preferred and some say its a must have.  Who knew taking French rather than Spanish in high school would affect my future?  Not me.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

11 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

Have you signed up with some temporary agencies?

Unknown said...

File bankruptcy. DO IT NOW!!! Don't wait any longer. It's your right to do it. It says so in the U.S. Constitution. Exercise your right.

When you wake up - the day after you file - the relief you feel will be incredible.

You will also feel guilt. DON'T. The Credit Card Companies are insured. They don't lose a thing.

Heather's Mom said...

That stinks! I don't have any advice, but I will continue praying for you.
sending a (((BIG HUG)))

Nikki Neurotic said...

What Lceel suggested sounds like something to look into as does the temp work. Other than that, I'm not sure.

however, you are an excellent writer so maybe you could look for publications that deal with drugs/addictions/sex crimes-perhaps you could inquire about freelancing for them.

Erin said...

I'm sorry, friend. We have been through that process and it sucks not to win.

Temp agencies, if you haven't done that yet. Other than that, I wish I had some brilliant advice, but I don't.

Annsterw said...

Wow - very scary! I am praying for you - I know when I got sober I had to belive that God would provide if I kept doing the footwork and the next right thing and did not give up - and he did!! Keep applying and in the meantime network network network. I did a lot of networking just by meeting new friends at AA and NA and AlAnon - Worth a try maybe - again. I am praying for your family!

Annette said...

Temp agencies, bankruptcy does sound like an option...it was created for someone in your situation. Also have you considered changing professions? I am self employed doing my in home care and I am turning work away.

Rahime said...

So sorry you lost the appeal for such an unfair reason. :(

BMelonsLemonade said...

Just checking in on you...

Bristolvol said...

What Annette says makes perfect sense. You are a born care taker. I can imagine that you will have so much work to do after a short period of time, that you will just laugh at those lost job opportunities. Babyboomers are getting older and need care! Also, around here guardians are needed for people who cannot manage their own affairs any longer. You get paid to do this. Check with your local court of Social Service Office. Good luck!

Her Big Sad said...

I'll email you - daughter went through this.... both issues....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...