February 15, 2011

It went well

Things went well at court. Its amazing what money can buy (an attorney that will get you what you want). I have very mixed feelings about using an attorney but the bottom line is, I am glad we did.

Keven will be released from custody tomorrow morning at 6 am. I will pick him up at the jail and drive him straight to Cornerstone's Inpatient house (since no one is in the office that early). He'll be allowed to go back to monitored living, hopefully the same house. He will have to do 90 meetings in 90 days and journal about it, he will get tested three times a week, once on a weekend, and he has to do community service while looking for a job. So, all is well.

Oh, also he will have to start taking Naltrexone (opioid receptor antagonist used primarily in the management of alcohol dependence and opioid dependence.)  He's not going to like that, I've heard a lot of the residents complain about how it makes him feel, but tough beans - he should be counting his blessings and better not complain!

In other news, I had to say "no" to Anthony today.  It was very hard for me, in fact I said yes at first then came to my senses and said no.  It was a favor he needed - me giving him a ride and then allowing him to do a tattoo at my house.  It was hard to say no since this is one of his standard tattoo places, we don't mind at all and usually enjoy getting to know the person getting inked.  BUT I put my own needs and my son's needs first and said no to him.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

8 comments:

Heather's Mom said...

Awesome they went well in court today. Early day tomorrow, but worth it (and worth the cc debt!).
What a great picture of K below - the hat - who knows what these kids do with fashion, but he sure looks cool :) I don't know if K knows about this blog (?), it'd be interesting if one day he started one of his own (thought of this with the mention of journaling).
You wrote this a week or so ago, "Now, I feel a love for him stronger than ever because when I look in his eyes I see who he really is, and he's a good human being, a valuable person." Praise God K has you as his mom :) My heart swelled with pride for him reading that.
On the other hand, reading about A I can get sad, but I do agree with how you're handling him - and for different reasons than K, the way you're handling A may be his best chance at life.
You have such great instincts as a mom :)
Blog situation - write whatever you want here about anything! Sorry about what happened with the other blog :(
Hoping you get a call back on the job.
My prayers continue for you all!
God bless & love & hugs :)

kc bob said...

Rejoicing with you Barbara and hoping the best for Keven.

Tom at Recovery Helpdesk said...

Glad to hear things went well. I wanted to mention that Keven might want to consider Vivitrol. It is naltrexone in the form of a monthly injection given at the doctor's office into muscle (not IV).

The advantage of Vivitrol is that there is no temptation to skip taking the pill for a day as part of a relapse. Once you have the injection that boat has sailed for the month.

More info at:

http://www.recoveryhelpdesk.com/vivitrol/

Bar L. said...

Heathers Mom....thank you so much for what you said. I appreciate it a lot.

K-Bob, thank you :)

Tom!!! So nice to see you. I wonder if they use the oral of the injection? I hope the injection but I don't know. I will find out. Thanks.

Anna said...

I am so glad for you that Kevin got this opportunity. It sounds like a decent set up where he can be succesful. That vivitrol that Tom mentioned could be just the ticket as well.

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

Sounds promising. It would be nice if there was some magical night and day change, but fighting addiction is constant and has to be battled one day at a time.

It sounds like you are making some good decisions, Barbara.

Mike said...

Glad you said no to ANT. Wants to come to your house for a Tat after the madness that happened the last time he was around. How nice.

Good for you.

Kristi said...

Glad everything went well in court for Kevin! Naltrexone is this newest med out for opiod addiction, right? Is this the one marketed at Vivitrol or something like that? Please keep us posted on how Kevin does on it...I know there are many high hopes for this new drug, assuming I'm refering to the right one.

As for Anthony, I agree that you are handeling that situation the best way. Remember, "No" is a complete sentence (I love that!). God willing, he will find his way.

I pray for both Kevin and Anthony and all of us dealing with this disease.

Prayers and hugs to you Barbara! I'm really glad things are looking up for you and Kevin...it's such a rocky road most of the time that we learn to really appreciate the victories no matter how large or small.
Kristi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...