February 21, 2011

Some People Can't Be Helped

I am not the type to give up hope and think of someone as a "lost cause", but sometimes its necessary, its called for, its the right thing to do.

I'm referring to Anthony.  I won't go into what he did (and it has nothing to do with Keven) but I will say it involves violence, stealing, endangering others and making a half-hearted suicide attempt.  Right now he's in the hospital, he was dropped off there early this morning by his now former girlfriend, she left him and said he attempted suicide but apparently he is asking to leave because he just called and asked me for a ride.

I said one word, "no".  He hung up on me.  I will call the cops if he comes to my house.  I do have a few more of his belongings which I will be dropping off at his grandparents this afternoon.

Its sad but my prediction is that he will either be in and out of prison the rest of his life, or, the rest of his life will be a very short period of time.  He's a psychopath, a sociopath.  He is not just an addict, it goes far beyond that.

I'm aware that most addicts exhibit many traits of a psychopath/sociopath and a narcissist, but he embodies every trait to the extreme.  I believe he's a danger to society and you won't here much about him from here on out because I have finally and forever given up on him.

I feel bad for his brother and his grandparents and I think his 3 year old son is much better off never knowing his father.



Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

7 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

Sometimes you have to protect you and yours. Ultimately it is his decision and nothing you can do about it of for it.

Bar L. said...

Ron. Yep. I've been down this road with him for awhile and said on several occasions I was done with him...so call me the boy who cried wolf (or the addict who cried "I'll never get high again") but I am relieved to have him out of my life. After he did what he did this time, I lost the last little bit of concern I had left.

beachteacher said...

I'm sorry Barbara,...really sorry. I know this has been so hard for you, and it's just plain sad. I know that Anthony's background as a young child shaped him and along with the rest,...well, it would take a major consistent effort for him to become some other type of person, which he doesn't seem motivated to be. I'm hoping that at some point, you really can be at peace over all of this.

Syd said...

I am glad that you are taking care of yourself. Anthony is a sad case. I hoped that he would wise up. Maybe he will but it doesn't have to be at your expense. Take care around toxic people.

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

Take care of your own... Anthony is in survival mode and because of this he is dangerous.

Kali said...

I am SO sorry to hear about this.... you are so strong and it encourages and inspires me. PLEASE don't ever feel like your efforts are in vain because, not that it's any consolation but, even if it's not your own child you are saving, you are a huge inspiration for other addicts like myself. I have learned a lot from you, just from reading what you write. Some days when I don't feel like I can go on anymore, I read something you've written and it inspires me to see how incredibly STRONG you are! Thank you for being you. I wish I could meet you in person.

~~BRB Queen~~ said...

I spent 4 hours outside a sponsee's house one day, talking to her on the phone because I didn't feel it safe to go in by myself. She was drunk. This is a woman who had been in and out of the program and rehabs for many years.

She was having some health problems as a result of the binge she was on that constituted an emergency and I ended up calling 911 and they took her to the ER where she was listed as serious condition.

I left and went to a meetin to take care of myself. While in the meeting I received a call from the ER nurse stating the sponsee had walked out. The sponsee called shortly after and had hitch hiked home and was already drinking.

I always wonder about the chronic relapsers, the chronic criminals, those people that are so intent on harming themselves in these ways.

Are they unable or unwilling to utilize the tools given to them?

Sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...