February 9, 2011

Job Interview

Thanks for all of you who asked how the interview went and wished me luck with it.  It went well, she is going to choose a few people to have back for a second interview before she decides and I have a strong feeling I will be included in that group.

But (I hate buts) it was not what I had expected it to be like.  I was picturing something like where Keven is - each of the residents/clients live in houses in the same vicinity, but they all meet together at least twice a day at the big main office for their groups, individual counseling and meetings.  In other words - the office staff interacts with the residents, the other staff, the families....and that's what appealed to me.  Being around lots of different people that I could relate to and having some interaction with them, even if it was just simple and minimal interaction.  For example...when the office staff at CS sees Keven, they know him by name and ask how he is.  I was envisioning that type of environment.

This situation is totally different.  I would be in a small office with four other women.  No interaction with clients or staff.  The office deals with insurance and billing ONLY.   I am not sure if  I could deal with that.  My favorite part of every job I've ever had is interacting with people whether they be vendors, associates, staff, etc.

So can I afford to be picky at this point?  I think not, but I also hate to take a job just for the money and end up dreading it, that's not fair to them or to me.  I will have to think about it if I am offered a second interview.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

10 comments:

Annette said...

Well that would disappoint me too. However, for *the time being* it could be a solution. Also, I know that when one is trying to come up with funding for rehab, which is a very stressful time in one's life, those women in the back office who work their magic are God sends. Keep your eye on the big picture my dear.

Nikki Neurotic said...

It's a start. Once you are there, perhaps you can find other positions internally where you can interact with other people.

Syd said...

It might be that the interaction with other office staff will be good. Maybe give it a chance and see how you like it.

Dad and Mom said...

I am going to be the bad guy. Everyone can pile on me as they see fit I have broad shoulders.

At this time from my point of view you don't need to be in a position of interacting with clients, parents and clinicians in a rehab facility. Working in the back office would be better for you. Work your magic behind the scenes.

Out front? Do you really need the drama of more addicts in your life. You are an emotional person that can attach to addicts and you already have two very close in your life. You know very well the relapse rate of people in and out of these facilities, there is no good reason for you to subject yourself to this. Let the clinicians handle these situations. The addicts are there for treatment need each other as much as they need the counselors. You don't want to be a distraction. Granted Barbara you have some unique experiences that may be of value to some but there is no way I'd want to interact daily with addicts looking for recovery just because I have been the parent of an addict. What would I add, what would you add?

Please don't take offense to my comment, throw it out if you want but I wouldn't be a friend if I didn't offer my honest opinion.

If you want to be a counselor get into a program to become a counselor. Quite frankly, I think this could be something you would do very well but not without the training.

BMelonsLemonade said...

If you like interacting with people...what about the restaurant industry? The hours are horrible, but the pay is decent in California. (Better than no pay, anyway.) But, interacting with people is what the restaurant industry is all about. Any hospitality job, for that matter. Maybe it seems like a major step backward, but it would be a lot of interaction!

Bar L. said...

Thanks everyone - except Ron.

JUST KIDDING! I appreciate Ron's comment and he is so right about me that its almost embarrassing. I wear not only my heart on my sleeve but my mind and soul as well. Ugh.

I haven't been offered the job yet so we'll see what happens. There are a lot of good things about it and if offered, I will most likely say YES!!!!!! Give me an income!

Mike said...

I agree with DAD AND MOM (RON). Right on the point.

Annette said...

I also LOVED Ron's response. Wise words and he is such a great friend to us all. I love his honesty!!

Bar L. said...

MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you. I didn't know you still read my blog. Wow. Thanks for your comment.

Annette - Ron is the bee's knees for sure :) I could say all this great stuff about him but don't want it to go to his head. Seriously, I feel SO grateful to be one of the many recipients of his wisdom and concern. He really cares and it shows.

Mike said...

I always read. commented on the ant stuff. Please take care of YOU.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...