February 6, 2011

"Take a chill pill!"

That's what I said to myself this morning after reading the post I wrote last night.  I was feeling over-sensitive and defensive.  I was not following one of my main life mottos:  Respond, don't react.

I've been a bit wound up the last two weeks over an issue that has nothing to do with Keven, Ant, drugs....it has to do with an unemployment hearing I attended.

Every day I open the mailbox expecting the letter that says I lost my appeal, but hoping to find a letter that says I won.  No letter yet but I did get something from them yesterday that makes me thing just maybe the judge believed me even though it was five against one.  To me their dishonesty was very clear, but I still thought he'd side with them since they tried very hard to discredit my character, even using Keven's addiction against me!

So maybe, just maybe I will be awarded unemployment.  I'm looking daily for a job and have not even had an INTERVIEW yet.


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

3 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

As an HR professional that has been through a lot of unemployment hearings on the company side. Most times I don't even waste my time in KS.

A key point to remember, all of those governmental alphabet agencies, none of them were created to protect the employer from the employee.

BMelonsLemonade said...

I cannot believe they used Keven's addiction against you! That shows the low down aspect of their character, if you ask me. I personally would be OUTRAGED if someone used MY character flaws against my mother!!!!!

Ross said...

I really like your blog. I'm a 24 year old recovering addict and I can only imagine the pain you've been through. It's interesting to read your blog because often times I don't even think about what my own mother has gone through. She suggested I write a blog because I'm not working right now either so I've been writing everyday. I hope everything works out for you and your family. Just don't give up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...