February 3, 2011

Sleeping A Lot

I know one of the signs of hero,in use is sleeping a lot.  Keven is sleeping a lot.  He volunteers in the morning and then drives here and sleeps all afternoon then goes to his 5 pm mtg. and sometimes a second mtg.  He's randomly drug tested at his sober living home and tested every Monday at probation.  I don't think he's using.  I am not being naive, I just don't think he would risk it at this point.

Why is he sleeping so much?  Depression?

I just want him to be OKAY.  He hasn't been okay for years, even before drugs he was not okay.  He's been depressed since 3rd grade.

I have depression too.  I know how it feels, but .... I just want to see him smile again.  Its been weeks since he smiled.

5 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

Got to remember Keven is not the same person coming out this side as he was going in many years ago. Sometimes you need to step back and re-introduce yourself to Keven and learn about this new person.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Maybe he's sleeping because that's a "safe" activity. Maybe he's using it to avoid dealing with the situation with Anthony. Maybe he can't sleep at night...perhaps he's not completely comfortable at the sober living house? Maybe volunteering is taking a toll out of him because he's not used to "working".

Anna said...

I am glad to hear he is working a program. The medications they take for bipolar etc. make them very tired as well.

Is there anything healthy he enjoys? I would encourage that if possible but in the meantime so far so good!

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

No real thoughts on the subject but I do know that I worry when J sleeps a lot. Sometimes the worry was justified and sometimes it was not. This would be a great time time to "let go...and focus on you." Great advice right? Heh...One day I might give it a try too. Wish you lived closer we could really do some mighty fine commiserating together.

Kristi said...

I don't know why this seems like a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway...have you tried to sit and talk to him about what's going on with him? Let him know that you've noticed that he's sleeping more than usual and that you just want him to know that you're there if he wants to talk? I'm sure you've already done this or if not, I know there's a good reason why not....it was just the first thing that came to mind! I'm thinking out loud I guess. It's not easy being us sometimes....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...