October 1, 2009

10 - 12 Weeks More

Talked to the PH today (where he is going to do his rehab) and they said the wait it 10 - 12 weeks for "county people", meaning if we were paying we could get in way sooner.  I know that's just the way it works but that's an awful long time for him to sit in jail and ironically MORE time than he would have done if he chose jail time over rehab.

But thankfully he chose the right thing.  He needs the rehab and even though its not a fun place to be, at least he's staying clean.

His parole officer said he can write the judge to see if she could send him home to wait, so we will try that but on one hand, it scares me.  I do want him out of there though, even though he is "safe" its not the best environment for him.  I think house arrest would work.

Also, he's been diagnosed with bi-polar, anxiety, depression and compulsive disorder (that one was a shock to me till he explained some of his rituals that I didn't even know he had, mostly re-checking things a million times, like if he packs his backpack he would recheck it ten times before leaving the house).

So hopefully the right meds will help him cope with life and recovery better.

As for me....for once K is the least of my worries.  I am not doing too well and am very sad about my life circumstances.

4 comments:

Madison said...

A doctor I respected told me that the biggest thing in recovery was time away in a safe place. So, in other words, 90 days in a cheap facility (like jail), was better than 30 days in an expensive rehab. I have no idea if everyone would agree with that. But, maybe it will make you feel better about where Keven is. I'm sure you've lived through a lot. It sounds like your heart is heavy. I will pray for you. You are loved. And you are not alone. Have a blessed week.

Syd said...

I hope that you will begin to feel better. There is a lot to be grateful for. I try to make a gratitude list when I'm down. I also think about how much abundance I have in my life.

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Thanks for all these comments. I read them and they help so much. Wish I was in a state of mind to answer them better...

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Madison, that is so true and I agree with you. Honestly I would freak out if he came home today, I am not ready for that with the other issues in my life. Life hurts a lot these days.

Syd, I feel better about Keven but not about the other thing in my life.

Lisa, why is it so hard to take care of me? I've never done that before and am trying but still not sure how.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...