October 3, 2009

Dogs...


Got a call from Ant in jail.  (see recent post).  He was so worried that his gf, Kay, was in jail too so I assured him she was safe at home under the watchful eyes of her parents.  He told me he was dope sick, scared and looking at long time prison.  He did NOT tell me that he was attacked by the police dog and required hospitalization prior to being booked into jail.  No, I found that out in a newpaper article that makes him sound like the most horrible criminal you can imagine.  :(

I considered linking the article from my local paper since they have no problem splashing his name all over, but its too depressing.

My brother's dog has been visiting all day and she is the coolest dog ever.  She was a three time loser with one more chance for adoption before being euthanized when my bro got her.  Yes, she's a little bit wild but super smart, super sweet, loyal and loving.

So I can't help but think of kids like Ant with no family (outside of prison), no money, no place to live, no  nothing.  How do they get that last chance?  Do they just get shuffled through the prison system all their life, having a kid or two here and there and leaving behind the next generation of hopelessness?  Ant already has a 2 year old son :(

I know I can't fix him or save him, but I can love him can't I?  Its so hard to NOT take this kid under my wing even more than he already is.  I will visit with him tomorrow when I go to see K.  It would be wild if they got to see each other - but they can get in huge trouble for talking to each other so it would be better not to.  K wrote him a letter today!  Weird.

By the way, this is Jade and Ant with K:


(click to enlarge)

Dogs have more chances than people sometimes.

4 comments:

Annette said...

Barbara, Last I knew you had taken your blog private. I am so sorry I have not been around! I have wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful comments you always leave on my blog....they mean so much. I am going to get to reading and try to catch up on what has been going on with you and your boy. Doesn't sound good, from this first post I just read. I am sorry.

Michael said...

We often are more kind to dogsand other pets than we are to people. When a pet is suffering with a disease bringing them pain or a terrible quality of life we put them down. People on the other hand are hooked up to machines feeding them, ventilators doing there breathimg ect. \often life is so unfair.

Blonde Mafia said...

for some reason we give dogs more chances becasue they cant judge us and a dog will admit it needs you by coming over wanting to be petted or fed, humans dont do that with most people the last thing they want to admit is that they need help.

I hope keven is doing good today and anthony too.

and that is an adorable dog!

-Carrie

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Annette!!! I am so glad you refound me, I miss your comments.

Michael,yes and some people treat their pets better than their own children.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...