October 21, 2009

Missing Him Really Bad Tonight - AND - a scary report on the jail he's at

Sometimes I enjoy the peace of my house so much with K gone.  Other times the silence makes me feel empty, like something is missing.  Something is missing...my boy.  I need a hug really bad and he gives the best ones.

READING THIS A MINUTE AGO DIDN'T HELP!  Its from an article in the LA Times in August 2009 about a US Gov. investigation of TL (that's where he is).  I don't think addicts deserve to be treated like the other criminals.  If the US Gov. has AGREED that addiction/alcoholism is a disease then why do they treat people who have only been arrested for minor drug possession like murders and rapists???

The Justice Department is examining various cases to determine whether there is a pattern of Orange County violating the civil rights of inmates. Among the more recent cases, an inmate was stomped to death by fellow prisoners after a deputy allegedly and erroneously told them he was child molester. A county grand jury later criticized the Sheriff's Department for trying to impede the investigation and concluded that there was evidence of rampant abuse at the TL Jail in Orange.

3 comments:

Syd said...

Barbara, I don't think you'd be human or a mom if you didn't miss your child. But he is where he needs to be. And so are you. Take care of yourself.

Debby of Oxycontin and Opiate Addiction: A Mother's Story said...

Dad and Mom summed up the reality of being the parent of an addict, perfectly. Barbara, I truly feel your emotions at this time. As you know, I haven't heard from my son since Sunday, when he was either OD'ing, drunk or having a diabetic problem.
But the reality is-- we miss the baby boy we loved and nurtured...before all the craziness got started. We so desperately want our boys to be with us. Then, it all comes back. Like Ron said, we read our postings from when they were with us and using.
God help us, my son has never been in jail. I pray that he never does.
If he does, I have to remind myself that he took the risk by making the choice in buying and using an illegal substance. Addicts resort to theft and other terrible things to afford their drug.

I'm sorry you miss him. We all want our kids back. Clean and sober. please remember that.

Blessings and prayers and hopeful thoughts to you,
Debby

Anonymous said...

I haven't read the rest of your blog yet so i dont know what kind of help you have offered your son in the past. At twenty three years old i ended up in a nursing home dying from an infection caused by shooting dope. my mother saw that i had hit rockbottom and decided to offer help for the first and last time. if you can afford it getting him in a suboxone program when he gets out could work for him. honestly after six weeks away from the drugs i couldnt remember what it even felt like to be high but i still felt i needed the drugs to function the suboxone along with a promise from my mother that there is nomore help is i fail is keeping me sober. if an addict is on suboxone and is still taking drugs then they dont want to get better and you cant help anymore than you have tried

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...